The Austin Writers Meetup Group Message Board › New Meetup: Publishing to the iPad! (and Amazon too...)

New Meetup: Publishing to the iPad! (and Amazon too...)

heath
aqaraza
Austin, TX
Announcing a new Meetup for The Austin Writers Meetup Group!

What: Publishing to the iPad! (and Amazon too...)

When: Saturday, April 10, 2010 12:00 PM

Pre-Registration: $10.00 per person

Where:
Cafe Caffeine
909 W Mary St
Austin, TX 78704
447-9473

The Apple iPad has the potential to change the entire way books are read and distributed. Interested in publishing your own works to the iPad (via the iBookstore), or elsewhere, such as Amazon? This multi-part workshop will walk you through the steps needed. The first part focuses on properly editing your publication for an epublisher that is able to distribute to Apple, preparing a cover, and formatting your manuscript for conversion into EPUB as well as numerous other ebook formats.

The second part focuses on the steps needed to walk your publication through a seamless listing, preparing your sample, registering/uploading, and pricing guidelines. Also discussed will be advanced topics, such as the possibilities the iPad and iBooks open up to forms of writing other than fiction, such as nonfiction essays, academic writing, or documentation projects. Even if your book is free, listing will mean that it can be accessed anywhere in the world where there's an iPad handy.

Since this is my first run at the class, I am trying out the material in a small setting, in one meetup. Based on feedback from the first group, and interest level, I will offer the class again.

If you're interested in the future of publishing, you won't want to miss this workshop! This first version of the class will be offered to 5 people. The attendance fee for the workshop will be $10 per person. As payment is received, check the notes below for confirmed Pre-Registrants.

Note on registration: There are only 5 actual slots - I have set the limit higher so I can confirm paid pre-registrants as they PayPal me, and note them below. To pre-register via PayPal, email me at heath.rezabek@gmail.com so I can send you a direct PayPal link.

Thanks!

- Heath, Co-Organizer, Austin Writers Meetup

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­