Austin's Best - Dining and Nightlife Message Board › Police Bulletin

Police Bulletin

A former member
Hope everyone is well and had a fabulous Christmas--I know I don't watch much television, and not sure how many of you don't either--

Chad,my son, because he lives on campus at UT, gets important information when it deals with safety--

This murder happened on New Years Day--Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family--

Please be safe

In the early morning hours of January 1, 2012, three women were separately attacked in the area of W. 31st and King Street (north of our campus); one of them murdered. The victims in the attack describe the suspect as a black male, aged 30 to 40, approximately six feet tall with a muscular build. He has large dark brown eyes and was last seen wearing a grey hooded jacket over a dark colored t-shirt and blue jeans.

A composite is available at http://www.utexas.edu.... Given the proximity of this incident to campus, UTPD is advising faculty, staff, and students (especially those living in the area of the attacks) to be aware their surroundings and immediately report suspicious individuals or activities.

APD and UTPD ask that anyone with information about the identity of the suspect in the composite or about any of the three incidents call the Homicide Tip Line at 477-3588 or Crimestoppers at 472-TIPS.

Wendy