Topic to be announced...
Singles and couples, men and women (no children, unless they need corrupting) all welcome!
7-7:30: arrive and settle in
7:30-9:30: Relating Games!
9:30-10: hang out
(past 10: find a nearby bar/cafe to continue relating…optional)
This is not another night of Euchre and Monopoly! Game Nights are a space where you can discover how much more fun and richer it is to BE YOURSELF.
NOTE: Authentic Relating Game Nights are inspired by the Game Nights held in San Francisco by authenticworld.org.
ANOTHER NOTE: These games are NOT "board game" nights with Yahtzee, Scrabble and Super Mario Kart. They are interactive games, where we play with relational and interpersonal dynamics to learn more about ourselves in a fun way. You will meet great people, accelerate your own self-awareness, "level up" in your ability to relate with people and command a room, and just have a lot of fun. ALL are welcome. Bring a friend, bring your partner or come solo! These are NOT singles/dating events.
Have you ever had an experience with someone where you found yourself hanging on their every word? Your heart is wide open, your mind is totally present, and the passage of time disappears?
Think back in your life...have you had moments and conversations with people that were SO impactful that you will *never forget them*?? Can you remember what you had for lunch one month ago? Then why is it that a brief moment in time, perhaps even a small interaction with even a stranger, can be etched into our memories?
Would you like to learn why this happens, how it happens, and engage in some fun exercises to create more whenever you want and with whomever you want?
Authentic Detroit Game Nights are designed to give you those same experiences with people you’ve never met before.
How often do say what you really mean? Do you have the experience of being seen as much as you'd like?
The purpose of the group is to allow people to feel relaxed, open and inspired with other people who are tired of the same old boring encounters with “new people”.
Come enjoy a casual evening with old and new friends as we play a variety of relational games that involve exploring someone else's world and speaking your truth. Connect with like-minded men and women interested in having fun with curiosity, self-discovery, and saying what we actually mean.
We will try to hold a safe space so you can feel at ease in this sometimes foreign territory.
You will be invited to explore the edges of what you think you can possibly know about yourself, others, and what is possible in relating. Of course, you won't have to do/say anything you don't want to. Remember—like in yoga—stretch, don't tear ;) .
Sometimes loud, sometimes intensely quiet, sometimes risky. Always fun and revealing.
We are tapping AuthenticWorld for fun and engaging games that we can play ourselves.
WHAT ARE THE RULES OF GAMES NIGHTS?
• Do what you want to do
• Don't do what you don't want to do
• No hiding
• No shaming
• Be curious – about yourself and others
WHAT KIND OF GAMES ARE THESE?
• Imagine a fun playground where you can practice the art of relating with others but in a fun, safe, and social atmosphere. They are protected places for taking risks, playing a little more outside our comfort zones, and then discovering more about ourselves than we might in our everyday lives.
• Imagine an interactive "laboratory" where you can explore parts of yourself -- your courage, your guilt, your desire, your fears -- and unlock the doors to new freedoms and experiences that you've been holding back from yourself.
• By ‘authentic’ we mean that there is no cookie-cutter mold for how you should be or what relating should look like. Everyone is a complete universe unto themselves, has a unique style, personality, and integrity that is perfectly *them*, and everyone is perfect and amazing as they are (including their belief that they aren’t.)
• They’re also a chance to have fun and party in a conscious way with great people, going beyond just small talk, the superficial, and expected social norms.
• All this is within a light-hearted container which is safe for getting real, taking emotional risks, and personal growth.
• Things to expect: laughter, relief, anxiety/excitement (and the wisdom to know the difference), reverence, love and connection, new friends, and new possibilities for how you engage the world
• These are fun, highly interactive activities done in both groups and with partners.
WHO COMES TO GAME NIGHTS?
• All are welcome to enjoy an evening with us while cultivating a deeper understanding of yourselves and what’s possible in your relationships.
• You want the opportunity to experience an open-hearted space where people get to “cut through the superficial” and be truly themselves without apology for an evening.
• You are looking for a real, authentic connection with new people and are prepared to take a risk to try something NEW.
WHAT IF I'M HUNGRY AND/OR PARCHED?
• You are in luck, my friend. Light snacks and non-alcoholic beverages to be served.
THIS SOUNDS VERY COOL. WHEN IS THE NEXT ONE?
* Game nights are held once a month at a home in Historic Corktown, just outside the newly vibrant Downtown Detroit Central Business District
• either $10 in advance,
• or $15 cash at the door
Please talk to us in advance if the cost is prohibitive; no one will be turned away for lack of funds!
Interested? Email me directly at [masked]
(Note: This event will be capped at 20 people due to space constraints, so please register in advance if possible.)'
Feel free to invite your friends!