Help support your MeetupChip in
Welcome to our COMMUNITY of AVID WORLD TRAVELERS and WORLD CULTURE LOVERS ROUNDTABLE!!
WARNING: Our group is NOT for "the Faint of Heart"! :-)
LIFE is a JOURNEY, NOT a DESTINATION!! It is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the PEOPLES, PLACES and AWESOME MOMENTS that take our breath away!! Be an AVID WORLD RAVELER (NOT a TOURIST) and a WORLD CULTURE LOVER with an insightful GLOBAL view of our WORLD! Let's bloom where we are planted and commit ourselves to make a positive difference to those around us! :-)
As a World Culture Lover and an Avid World Traveler, each one of us holds the "KEY" to the mutual understanding of our global cultural diversities!! Be willing to respect and embrace those cultures that are different from ours with maturity and openness, while being proud of our own. Every culture has both positive and negative components, as there is NO perfect culture in our imperfect world!! Our WORLD is NOT all about "you" or "I", but "ALL of US"!!
We might not be able to change the whole world on our own, but we can certainly improve our interpersonal relationships between ourselves and those who are of different cultural, ethnic and racial backgrounds, through our willingness to be receptive and open-minded in our interactions with one another!! Our lives, in turn, will be enriched by our willingness to learn about cultural diversities WITHOUT pre-judgment, and learn to cherish our differences. Indeed, it does take an incredibly courageous individual to step out of his or her own "COMFORT ZONE" to be a World Culture Lover through our own World Travel Adventures!!
The whole WORLD has been literally brought to our doorstep through various cultural events available in our area!! Let’s explore the WORLD together through our Travel Talk Presentations, World Culture Appreciation Events, as well as Group Travel Adventures!!
WHO WE ARE: We're a "not-for-profit" social group of Avid World Travelers and World Culture Lovers with diverse backgrounds in culture, race, ethnicity, nationality, marital status, Myers-Briggs Personality Types, age ranges (20s - 90s), and various professions (CPAs, IT professionals, scientists, psychologists, linguists, artists, attorneys, tax consultants, educators, mathematicians, business entrepreneurs, authors, physicist, engineers, economists, finance experts, medical professionals, managements, advocates, journalists, entrepreneurs, active retirees.... just to name a few), who simply share an incurable and deep passion for world cultural exploration through our own extensive travels. This is the "community" where you can call "home" while being away from home! We are always eager to learn from one another through countless Travel Talk Events given by our dedicated fellow members. We also participate in various world cultural events held in the DC Metro area!! Our Organizer and Speakers (fellow members) are NOT financially compensated for their dedicated services solely to benefit our members.
MEMBERS' TRAVEL TALK (TT) EVENTS: It's definitely a "privilege" to be our Speakers! Our dedicated members have been "paying forward" by proactively sharing their own exciting travel adventures with us through countless presentations in a very supportive environment, while "reliving" their amazing memories throughout the preparation process. Due to high interest among our members in giving their own TT events of their trips, coupled with limited date slots on our event calendar, we give our ACTIVE members the "top" priorities to be our Speakers. Our Speakers subsequently become the members of our "SPEAKERS' HALL OF FAME"!! Through our members' presentations, we all have been positively transformed as Avid World Travelers and have been checking off our "World Traveler's Bucket List" as well! :-)
MEMBERSHIP EXPECTATIONS: Our membership is FREE and the "quality", NOT the "quantity", of our membership base is the most important consideration for the the success of our group.
* Professional Conduct: Our members are not required to "like" everyone, but are expected to "respect" each other, as professionals should - Yes, the "Golden Rules" are highly practiced here! :-)
* For-Profit Business Promotions or Solicitations: Our members are expected NOT to use their memberships to solicit or promote ANY "for-profit" business for themselves or others with whom they have financial or relational interest. REMINDER: Violators will be immediately banned from our group!!
* Face-to-Face Attendance: Our members are expected to be "active participants", NOT simply "passive observers", by regularly attending our annual events held in the DC Metro area (Metro accessible). Active Members: Members who attend 12 or more events annually will be honored at our Annual Appreciation Event, as they faithfully support our activities and are the TRUE contributors of our success!! :-) Inactive Members: They will be removed due to their own action of inactivity after a certain period of time. Removal Policy for NO-SHOWS and LATE CANCELLATIONS: Three of EACH or COMBINED violations WITHIN a 4-month period from the initial noncompliance. REMINDER: Members' unprofessional behaviors of "No-Shows" and "Late Cancellations" often negatively affect our Speakers (our fellow members), the Organizer, the hosting restaurants, and our group's long-standing excellent reputation.
GROUP TRAVEL EVENTS: We occasionally arrange group travels to allow our members (and their guests) to explore various destinations together to create countless memorable travel experiences, while checking off our "World Traveler's Bucket List"!
OUR GROUP TRIPS: Unlike many Organizers of other Travel Meetup Groups who promote countless group trips for certain travel companies in order to earn FREE trips, I chose NOT to do so as a "matter of principle". Instead, after diligently testing many "selected" travel companies to evaluate the "overall value" of their travel packages with satisfaction, I simply invite you to join me on my journeys! This is my response and solution to our members' frequent requests for us to travel together, while checking off my own "World Traveler's Bucket List"!! You are welcome to join us and let's explore the WORLD together! :-)
OUR UPCOMING GROUP TRIPS ~~
1) 11-Day Enchanting Italy!! - SOLD OUT!
2) 18-Day Portugal & Spain (with Morocco Excursion) - Confirmed!
3) 11-Day Bulgaria, Serbia & Romania (the Balkans) - Confirmed!
4) 11-Day Germany, Switzerland & Austria! - Confirmed!
2016 & Beyond:
1) 9-Day Cuba, Face to Face - Confirmed!
2) 13-Day Kaleidoscope of Morocco - Confirmed!
3) 9-Day Classic Iceland!
4) 11-Day Panama & Costa Rica!
5) 11-Day Kaleidoscope of Guatemala & Honduras
6) 12-Day Classic Greece 4 Day Aegean Cruise (Greek Islands)
7) 13-Day Classic Brazil, Argentina & Chile
8) 15-Day Croatia, Bosnia, Slovenia with Venice!
9) 18-Day Classic India (with Ranthambore National Park) & Nepal
10) 27-Day Thailand, Laos, Cambodia & Vietnam - Confirmed!
OUR PAST GROUP TRIPS ~~
1) 14-Day Russia, the Baltic (Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia) & Poland - AWESOME!!
2) 9-Day Affordable Israel - INCREDIBLE!!
3) 13-Day Affordable Turkey - SIMPLY WOW!!
WORLD CULTURES AND ETIQUETTE ~~
My passionate and genuine interest in exploring different cultures through my own travel adventures and personal interactions with others, globally and domestically, continues to be the driving force of my deep commitment for building a “Cultural Bridge” by bringing people of ALL races, cultures and nationalities together through various events.
If you wish to meaningfully enrich your own life, I sincerely encourage you to join us to be a "true contributor" by challenging yourself to step out of your "comfort zone", and ultimately leave your incredible legacy to our WORLD as a "Positive Game Changer"!
Will you? If yes, are you ready? See you soon!! :-)
"Life....is 10% of "what happens to us" and 90% of "how we react to it"!! We live in the "reality" of "today" resulted from the "decisions" we made "yesterday". Safeguard our "attitude" with extreme care!! Let's bloom where we are planted and spread positive energy to those around us." :-)
4,356 Social Foodies
2,112 Italian Language+Culture Lovers
2,567 Nature Lovers
4,246 Business Networkers
3,274 Adventure Travelers