Help support your MeetupChip in
Welcome to the AVID WORLD TRAVELERS and WORLD CULTURE LOVERS ROUNDTABLE!!
WARNING: Our group is NOT for "the Faint of Heart"!!
Be a "Positive Game Changer"! :-)
"LIFE" is a JOURNEY, NOT a DESTINATION!! It is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the PEOPLES, PLACES and AWESOME MOMENTS that take our breath away!! Be an AVID WORLD TRAVELER (NOT a TOURIST) and a WORLD CULTURE LOVER with an insightful GLOBAL view of our WORLD! Let's bloom where we are planted and commit ourselves to make a positive difference to those around us! :-)
As a World Culture Lover and an Avid World Traveler, each one of us holds the "KEY" to the mutual understanding of our global cultural diversities!! Be willing to respect and embrace those cultures that are different from ours with maturity and openness, while being proud of our own. Every culture has both positive and negative components, as there is NO perfect culture in our imperfect world!! Our WORLD is NOT all about "you" or "I", but "ALL of US"!!
We might not be able to change the whole world on our own, but we can certainly improve our interpersonal relationships between ourselves and those who are of different cultural, ethnic and racial backgrounds, through our willingness to be receptive and open-minded in our interactions with one another!! Our lives, in turn, will be enriched by our willingness to learn about cultural diversities WITHOUT pre-judgment, and learn to cherish our differences. Indeed, it does take an incredibly courageous individual to step out of his or her own "COMFORT ZONE" to be a World Culture Lover through our own World Travel Adventures!!
The whole WORLD has been literally brought to our doorstep through various cultural events available in our area!! Let’s explore the WORLD together through our Travel Talk Events, World Culture Appreciation Events, as well as occasional Group Travel Adventures!!
WHO WE ARE: We're a "self-funded nonprofit" professional social group of Avid World Travelers and World Culture Lovers, with diverse backgrounds in culture, race, ethnicity, nationality, marital status, Myers-Briggs Personality Types, age ranges (20's-90's), and various professions (CPAs, IT professionals, scientists, psychologists, linguists, artists, attorneys, tax consultants, educators, mathematicians, authors, business entrepreneurs, physicist, engineers, economists, finance experts, health care professionals, social advocates, management, journalists, veterinarians, entrepreneurs, active retirees.... just to name a few), who simply share an incurable passion for world cultural exploration through our own extensive travels. This is the "community" where you can call "home" while being away from home! :-)
We are always eager to learn from one another through our countless Travel Talk Events given by our dedicated fellow Avid World Travelers. We also participate in various world cultural events held in the DC Metro area!! Our Organizer and Speakers (fellow Avid World Travelers): They are NOT financially compensated for their countless precious hours and enormous efforts, and they dedicate themselves for the SOLE benefits of our fellow members!
MEMBERSHIP EXPECTATIONS: Our membership is FREE and the "quality", NOT the "quantity", of our membership base is the most important consideration for the the success of our group.
* Professional Conduct: Indeed, the "Golden Rules" are highly practiced here! :-) Our members are not required to "like" everyone, but are expected to "respect" each other, as professionals should behave! :-)
* For-Profit Business Promotions or Solicitations: Our members are expected NOT to use their member-ships to solicit or promote ANY "for-profit" business (e.g., tours) for themselves or others with whom they have financial or relational interest for personal gains (e.g., FREE trips). REMINDER: Violators will be immediately banned from our group!!
* FACE-to-FACE Attendance: Our members are expected to be "active participants", NOT simply "passive observers", by regularly attending our annual events held in the DC Metro accessible area. Active Members: Members who attend 12 or more Travel Talk and/or World Culture Appreciation Events annually will be honored at our Annual Appreciation Event, as they faithfully support our activities and are the TRUE contributors of our success!! Inactive Members: They will be removed due to their inactivity after a certain period of time. REMINDER: Members' unprofessional behaviors of repeated "No-Shows" and/or "Late Cancellations" often negatively affect our Speakers (fellow Avid World Travelers) as well as our Organizer, who selflessly dedicate countless hours of their precious time to prepare for our events, and our hosting restaurants as well as our group's long-standing excellent reputation. Therefore, these members will be removed from our group due to their own unprofessional anddisrespectfulactions.
MEMBERS' TRAVEL TALK (TT) EVENTS: It's definitely a "privilege" to be our Speakers! Our dedicated members have been "paying forward" by proactively sharing their own exciting travel adventures with us through countless presentations in a very supportive environment, while "reliving" their amazing memories throughout the preparation process. Due to high interest among our members in giving their own TT events of their trips, coupled with limited slots on our event calendar, we give our ACTIVE members the "top" priorities to be our Speakers. Our Speakers subsequently become the "STARS" of our "SPEAKERS' HALL OF FAME"!! :-) Through our members' presentations, we all learn from each other and are positively transformed to be more experienced Avid World Travelers and have been checking off our "World Traveler's Bucket List" as well!
ANNUAL APPRECIATION EVENTS: We celebrate the valuable contributions of our Speakers and "Non-Speaker Active Members" by treating them with delicious World Cuisines and special Thank-You gifts at our Annual Appreciation Events! We also recognize certain members as our "Model Members" and "Non-Speaker Loyal Active Members" for their outstanding contributions through their valuable involvements of our countless events! Our "Model Members" are those Speakers who attended more than 12 of their Fellow Speakers' Travel Talk (TT) Events to faithfully show their support as well as our other World Culture Appreciation Events, with PERFECT attendance records!
GROUP TRAVEL EVENTS: We occasionally arrange group travels to allow our members (and their guests) to explore various destinations together to create countless memorable travel experiences, while checking off our "World Traveler's Bucket List"! Note: Unlike many Organizers of other Travel Meetup Groups who promote countless group trips for certain travel companies in order to earn FREE trips for themselves, I chose NOT to do so as a "matter of principle". Instead, after diligently testing many "selected" travel companies to evaluate the "overall value" of their travel packages with satisfaction, I simply invite you to join me on the adventurous journeys! This is my response and solution to our members' frequent requests for us to travel together, while checking off my own "World Traveler's Bucket List"!! Yes, you are welcome to join us to explore the WORLD together! :-)
** OUR UPCOMING GROUP TRIPS **
2016 & Beyond:
1) 13-Day Brazil, Argentina & Chile - CONFIRMED!
2) 12-Day Albania, Montenegro, Croatia & Slovenia - CONFIRMED!
3) 13-Day Kaleidoscope of Morocco - CONFIRMED!
9) 11-Day Panama & Costa Rica
10) 15-Day Indonesia: Java & Bali
11) 11-Day Kaleidoscope of Guatemala & Honduras
** OUR PAST GROUP TRIPS **
1) 9-Day Cuba, Face to Face - FASCINATING!
1) 18-Day Portugal & Spain (with Morocco Excursion)! - WONDERFUL!
2) Group Trip: 11-Day Enchanting Italy!! - UNFORGETTABLE!
3) 11-Day Bulgaria, Serbia & Romania (the Balkans) - DELIGHTFUL!
4) 11-Day Germany, Switzerland & Austria - MEMORABLE!
2) 9-Day Affordable Israel! - INCREDIBLE!
3) 13-Day Affordable Turkey!! - SIMPLY WOW!
** WORLD CULTURES AND ETIQUETTE **
My passionate and genuine interest in exploring different cultures through my own travel adventures and personal interactions with others, globally and domestically, continues to be the driving force of my deep commitment for building a “Cultural Bridge” by bringing people of ALL races, cultures and nationalities together through various events. As the Organizer since May of 2006, I continue to witness my vision for our group coming ALIVE through our countless Travel Talk Presentations, World Cultural Events and Group Trips over the years!! INDEED, WE ARE AN AWESOME TEAM!! :-)
If you wish to meaningfully enrich your own life, I sincerely encourage you to join us to be a "true contributor" of our community by challenging yourself to step out of your "comfort zone", and ultimately leave your incredible legacy to our WORLD as a "Positive Game Changer"!!
Will you? If yes, see you soon!! :-)
Elise, Organizer, Avid World Travelers and Culture Lovers Roundtable!!
"Life....is 10% of "what happens to us" and 90% of "how we react to it"! We live in the "reality" of "today" resulted from the "decisions" we made "yesterday". Let's bloom where we are planted andspread positive energy to those around us." :-)
2,630 Italian Language+Culture Lovers
19,207 MAHG Hikers
2,709 German Speakers