May 12, 2012 · 11:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
Please join over 5,000 New Yorkers on May 12th to connect, educate, and empower the food justice movement in New York. The 2012 Brooklyn Food Conference is a free community event and will have something for everyone:
▪ workshops and panel discussions on urban agriculture, healthy food access, school food, protecting our farm land from environmental toxins, economic development, food worker equity; and much more!
▪ a special forum on building a Rural-Urban Food Alliance
▪ mega session on fracking and saving our farmland
▪ neighborhood-designated sessions;
▪ a youth summit;
▪ an enormous expo of for-profit and non-profit organizations;
▪ cooking demos
▪ lots of fantastic food for sale;
▪ kids activities
▪ music, films, theater, and visual art!
▪ child care
Guys, Pre-register to avoid lines: