Most of you know that we organized the 1st annual Doggy Fun Run last yr. It was a huge success, we had 380 dogs ran last yr with 500 people at the event. This yr, we are coming back bigger and stronger. Learn more: www.doggyfunrun.org Here are the few modifications we had done to the fun run:
• This yr run will commence on Sep 21 just to have a cooler weather for dogs
• Doggy fun run is moved to SomDog, a 501C3 non-profit organization which is dedicated for the welfare of the dogs.
• We made changes to registration and venue to make the event more user friendly.
We will meet on August 17 to kick off the planning and organizing the 2nd annual doggy fun run. We are looking for volunteers for the following positions:
• Marketing Volunteer
• Volunteer coordinator
• Website/tshirt/flyer designer
• Social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) volunteer
• Media outreach coordinator
• Email Marketing
All the above positions are unpaid. All volunteers will recieve a volunteer Tshirt on Sep 21, day of the event.
Lets get together to get this fun run successful this yr again. The meet will be in Cambridge/Somerville in a conference room, I will let you know the location by end of the week.