BABS - Bay Area Bloggers Society Message Board › HOW I WENT FROM 0 vistors to 45 HITS PER DAY

HOW I WENT FROM 0 vistors to 45 HITS PER DAY

stephen c. w.
user 12849837
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
I am 62 years old and for two years read everything I could about blogging, google adwords, and content. I finally started zeroing in on things that was my passion and realized alot of very simple things would get hits. Example: My websites and blog sites are stevescars.com which is a stationary site but I also do a daily blog called Used Car News and Views under stevescars.com-blogger.com. I try to create content on this site that is relative to purchasing a new or used car and also information about car prices. I recently posted a simple blog post TEN THINGS YOU SHOULD CHECK ON YOUR CAR BEFORE WINTER this post has gotten me more hits than any post that I have done so far. In the past I posted alot of content on a former blog site when I was learning called autonetus.blogger. The ratio of hits to the former blog site to the now stevescars.com site is very different. I get 3 times more on the stevescars with less posts because the new material is higher quality. The stevescars is simple with no gadgets or wordpress themes just good quality information. I hope this inspires others. In the beginning I tried to post everyday now I post once a week or every two week with good quality instead of alot of posts with no value. I also run a taxicab site called thetaxidriversguidetosanfrancisco.com and thetaxidriversguidetosanfrancisco.com.bl­ogspot.com aka san francisco taxidriver news : I get about 10,000 hits per month on the stationary site which is information on travel to San Francisco and approximately 50 hits per day on the blogger page which is stories from driving a cab. I recently went on vacation and blogged about Dwight Yoakam and The Forever Cemetary in Los Angeles and Warner Brothers Tours all of these are getting a number of hits: I have approximately 79 posts along with merging my utube video's too my blogsite and I twitter every post. I am trying to get each part of social media to feed of each other. I use flicker, and pinterest and try to post every photo that I use as content on my site to these also with reference to my websites. I hope this helps others if you have any good information shoot it to me steve sftaxi804@hotmail.com
Jay-ar F.
user 87523712
Pleasant Hill, CA
Post #: 2
wow thats alot of work but good thing your gaining nice advice. btw i recently established a blog jhayrjhayjhay.blogspot.com check it out thanks.