BABS - Bay Area Bloggers Society Message Board › More on online hangouts, my author platform workshop, and ecommerce for blogs

More on online hangouts, my author platform workshop, and ecommerce for blogs

Anne H.
annehill
Bodega Bay, CA
Hi all,

Happy February! Here are your first BABS announcements and reminders of the month:

Our Authors Go Public Google Online Hangout Series

There has been a great response for our lunchtime hangout tomorrow at noon with Dan Blank! As most of you know, these are half-hour long video chats where I interview people about publishing, then any BABS member can ask questions as well. Dan is very knowledgeable about author platforms and book marketing, so I hope you have questions for him about your own platforms, or about publishing in general.

If you want to watch in real time but not be on live video, you can either watch on our event page, or go to my Google+ page and watch it streaming there. We will be using the Twitter hashtag #blogsoc­ during the chat, so if you are watching and have questions for Dan (@danblank), tweet them to us!

After the hangout, the video will stay permanently embedded in the event page on Meetup, so you can watch it there anytime. You can also find the entire Authors Go Public video interview series (also featuring a talk Suzanna and I had last week) here: AGPplaylist­.

Workshop: Build Your Platform Before You Publish

On Feb. 9, I will be offering my first half-day paid workshop in San Francisco exclusively about building author platforms! I have been focused on the topic for years, and am very excited to be presenting what I know. Participants will get tons of up-to-the-minute information and lots of personalized strategy help.

Here's the link: http://authorplatform.eventbrite.com/­

At this point the workshop has filled up nicely, but I do have room for a couple more people. If you would like to join me for a deep dive into platform building, there is a $10 off promo code for when you register: BABS­. This promo code will only be good through midnight Friday night—that's tomorrow—so if you want to sign up and get the discount, now's the time! After that, you can still sign up for one of the last spaces for the full price of $75.

Ecommerce for Wordpress Blogs

On Tuesday, March 12 BABS will be back in Sebastopol, with a meeting devoted to ecommerce and WordPress. If you want to sell print books, ebooks, or anything else on your website, you need to have some type of payment system in place. Our guest Cole Gessinger is a WordPress expert and will be guiding us through some of the options, as well as talking about his favorite plugin, WooCommerce.

Most of our Sebastopol meetings are now $5 to sign up, but if that presents a hardship in any way please email me and let me know. This will be a highly informative meeting, and a chance to get your WordPress questions asked by a local technical whiz and genuinely nice guy!

That's all the announcements for now. If you want to read my recent articles on publishing and author platforms, you can find them at Creative Content Coaching and O'Reilly's Tools of Change blog. And if you are going to New York for the big Tools of Change publishing conference, use this code: AFFILIATEAH and get $350 off your registration!

Thanks, and I hope to see you at a BABS event soon!

Best,

Anne Hill