addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Baja Arizona Hikers Message Board › SIERRA BACKPACKING Mono Pass 8/25/12==>9/2/12

SIERRA BACKPACKING Mono Pass 8/25/12==>9/2/12

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi,
Planning my annual backpacking trip to the Sierra mountains. Plan is to drive up Saturday 8/25/12 to Bishop CA to pick up permit. Spend Sunday car camping at trail head Mosquito Flat 9700' to get acclimated to high elevation. My itinerary is flexible the plan is to go over Mono pass and explore upper Hopkins lakes & Grinnell lakes with the option to explore Pioneer basin. My bear canister holds six nights of food so that is the planned length of trip. If any one is interested in joining me please post message with your backpacking bio.

Cheers,
Casey