This is a group for those interested in social & volunteer activities with others, but transportation options are limited ...or ya just rather leave the vehicle at home! I started this group because many of the Meetup's are too far from BART and/or other public transportation.
• As some members are carless (not careless ;-), most late-day activities will end early evening ...allowing everyone time to safely get home.
• The group's age range is primarily 40's and up (singles AND couples welcome!) ...establishing new friendships is part of this group's charter.
• Urban hikes & easy walks, live theater (matinee performances in SF are great!), tea/coffee, drinks, eating (hole-in-the-walls to occasional haute cuisine), outdoor activities, bicycling, socializing, volunteerism and more!
• Small donations to help cover Meetup subscription cost welcome (it costs $15/mo for this meetup subscription & meetup bills me every 6-mos). :-). Some events may require pre-payment.
* * *MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA* * *
1. WHERE'S WALDO: We get that 'life happens'. ...so, after repeated cancellations, you may have to forego membership. And, cancellations with less than 24-hour notice isn't courteous toward fellow members and hosts. It takes time & planning, reservations, etc., so thanks for understanding. :-)
2. SAFETY DISCLAIMER: The organizers of this meet-up are unpaid volunteers and not expert guides. All participants agree to assume 100% responsibility for their own safety, conduct, and well-being and recognize that possible hazards exist while participating in outdoor (or any other) activities, and agree to participate solely at their own risk. If you RSVP “Yes” and/or attend any of our events, it shall be conclusively presumed that you understand and agree to this policy.