This is a group for those interested in social & volunteer activities with others, but transportation options are limited ...or ya just rather leave the vehicle at home! I started this group because many of the Meetup's are too far from BART and/or other public transportation.
• As some members are carless (not careless ;-), most late-day activities will end early evening ...allowing everyone time to safely get home.
• The group's age range is primarily 40's and up (singles AND couples welcome!) ...establishing new friendships is part of this group's charter.
• Urban hikes & easy walks, live theater (matinee performances in SF are great!), tea/coffee, drinks, eating (hole-in-the-walls to occasional haute cuisine), outdoor activities, bicycling, socializing, volunteerism and more!
• Small donations to help cover Meetup subscription cost welcome (it costs $15/mo for this meetup subscription & meetup bills me every 6-mos). :-). Some events may require pre-payment.
* * *MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA* * *
1. WHERE'S WALDO: We get that 'life happens'. ...so, after repeated cancellations, you may have to forego membership. And, cancellations with less than 24-hour notice isn't courteous toward fellow members and hosts. It takes time & planning, reservations, etc., so thanks for understanding. :-)
2. SAFETY DISCLAIMER: The organizers of this meet-up are unpaid volunteers and not expert guides. All participants agree to assume 100% responsibility for their own safety, conduct, and well-being and recognize that possible hazards exist while participating in outdoor (or any other) activities, and agree to participate solely at their own risk. If you RSVP “Yes” and/or attend any of our events, it shall be conclusively presumed that you understand and agree to this policy.
2,496 Singles Who Like to Have Fun
7,764 Beer Lovers
1,835 East Bay Culture Adventure Fans
2,714 Single Professionals
749 Living Life
614 Adventure Walkers