Our hike leaders work very hard to schedule great hikes. You have the opportunity to participate by RSVP'ing on the Club calendar. As all trips have space limitations and many require upfront payment by the hike leader, your RSVP needs to be a solid commitment from you that you will participate. Know that if you back out late we will be upset.
So, before you RSVP "Yes" for a hike, please remember:
1. Your RSVP is your promise to the hike leader.
- Reserve a spot only when you are very sure you can make it. Honor your commitment.
- Hoarding a spot "just in case" or to check your calendar later is bad form and "not cool."
- Cancellations within 14 days of the trip are bad form and are considered "not cool."
- Cancellations within 7 days of the trip departure are considered a "late cancellation."
- Members that cancel late (within 7 days of the hike) on their first trip with the Club may be removed from the Club.
- Members that cancel late 3 times within a 12 month period may be removed from the Club.
- Hike leaders may charge fees for permits or other expenses that may be non-refundable
regardless of when you cancel. “No refunds” means just that.
2. The expectation is that you actively manage your RSVP's to accurately communicate your status to the hike leader
- Update your RSVP, including wait list RSVP's, as soon as your plans change.
3. You need to ensure that you have the fitness, experience, and gear to participate.
- Difficult, Strenuous or Advanced trips indicate they are a for the very fit and/or very experienced.
- Do not sign up for a trip that is beyond your fitness and/or skill level.
- It is expected that you have all gear required to participate.
- Hike Leaders can change an RSVP to "No" if they do not know you, have other concerns. Wait lists aren't always first come, first served and any and all participants are at the complete discretion of the leader organizing the trip. Their trip, their rules.
It's all about respect, common courtesy, and good communication.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Hiker Responsibilities||December 3, 2014 10:47 PM||Jason B. (.|
|Honor Your RSVP||December 3, 2014 10:39 PM||Jason B. (.|
|Leave No Trace Principles||December 3, 2014 10:43 PM||Jason B. (.|
|Liability Disclaimer||September 26, 2011 9:10 PM||former member|
|About BCH||October 22, 2011 12:17 PM||former member|