addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Boston CFIDS and Fibromyalgia Support Group Message Board › Tuesday's Meeting 1112

Tuesday's Meeting 1112

Brian
user 13686636
Boston, MA
Good Evening!
Our next meeting is tomorrow night at 6pm and I hope you plan to attend. We will have our usual support meeting and information exchange BUT we will also have some business to discuss that impacts the group and our plans for 2014.  Please make every effort to attend!
Although there is a chance of flurries in the morning.. the evening/late afternoon is supposed to be clear!
Hope to see you there!
-Brian
Joy M.
user 41995932
Braintree, MA
Post #: 10
Dear Brian and fellow (former?) members,
I want to say firstly that I never saw Brian's message from 11/11/13 until today. I never got an automatic notice of activity on the message board, so it appeared that Brian had dropped from the group without saying anything to us. Therefore I didn't think he would want to hear anything from us. So I'm sorry. But as you know I attended regularly for about a year and then moved to the south shore in June. My health is too problematic for me to face rush hour traffic these days, unfortunately. It occured to me to ask if this meeting could be moved to daytime, but I thought it had been asked and answered in the past. I finally got to a masscfids conference this month and connected with the Quincy support group, which I plan to attend for the first time weekend, as it is at good time and place for me. Lastly I mention that as I was searching for a group closer to recently, I found that Dr. Simon was advertising a fibro group at St. Eliz on the first Tuesday of the month. So I thought that was replacing Brian's group. So I hope this explains for me at least why I did not check in or reply to Brian's last message. Joy M.
Joy M.
user 41995932
Braintree, MA
Post #: 11
PS I am just sending a second message so I can check off "track this discussion" which is apparently not automatic any longer?
Laura
user 4846038
Natick, MA
Post #: 27
It should be automatic Joy
Laura
user 4846038
Natick, MA
Post #: 29
Hi Joy.....

Brian did not disappear......we are all still here :)
Joy M.
user 41995932
Braintree, MA
Post #: 12
Hi Laura,
Thanks for the replies. Today is the first day I got a message board update including Brian's message, mine and yours. I had checked my inbox and my recently deleted mail and it was never there before. Anyway, did you get a message from Charmian from Masscfids about next month? Sorry if you went there on the 11th and Brian did not. Very confusing.
My situation remains that I can't say for sure that I could attend the group at this time, and thankfuly seem to have found one nearer and more timely for me. But I did attend Boston regularly for a while, so I'm trying to give some input. I did appreciate Brian's efforts, he taught us alot, had patience with us, was reliable.
Joy M.
gaston g.
user 9476512
Hampton, NH
Post #: 6
I am just seeing this thread of discussion also, so you are not the only person to have this issue Joy. Saw you at the MA CFIDS meeting a few weekends ago, didn't get a chance to say hi ;)
Laura
user 4846038
Natick, MA
Post #: 30
Hey Joy and Gaston......

Brian was at the last meeting.....I was not because I did not feel well. Brian would like to step down from being the facilitator for the group. The next couple of meetings in December and January we will all need to discuss where we go from here.....co-facilitators? etc etc....See you guys then!!

Laura
Joy M.
user 41995932
Braintree, MA
Post #: 13
Hi Gaston - Yes I saw you at the conference also but had been standing in the snack line and catching up with another member and I needed to go sit down, and never got a chance to catch you, either. Sorry about that. Thanks for supporting my sanity on the message board update issue.

Laura - Thanks for clarifying about what happened at the meeting, or didn't happen.

Brian - If you are out there, sorry now for twice misunderstanding that you had not messaged us, nor "appeared" whatever Laura meant by that!

I have emailed briefly with Charmian and understand she is trying to facilitate the transition of both the meeting and the meetup board. For the moment it seems my participation is limited to online. Maybe I'd be able to be on a teleconference at some point if that were to be offered. However if those of us who know each other fairly well want to keep up in a bit more detail online here, I would participate in that, most likely. JM
gaston g.
user 9476512
Hampton, NH
Post #: 7
Hey Joy and Gaston......

Brian was at the last meeting.....I was not because I did not feel well. Brian would like to step down from being the facilitator for the group. The next couple of meetings in December and January we will all need to discuss where we go from here.....co-facilitators? etc etc....See you guys then!!

Laura
Sorry you were not feeling well Laura, we all know how that goes. I am no longer working in MA, now live further in NH (Lakes Region), but plan to continue to see my Dr in Waltham every 3 months, so I am have scheduled my next Dr appt in January on the 2nd Tuesday, and plan to go to the meeting after my appt. Hope to be able to do this every 3 months, so if someone keeps the group going, I hope to be able to attend!

Gaston