25th Annual Palm Beach County LGBT Pridefest celebration Saturday and Sunday.
SATURDAY DETAILS: http://www.meetup.com/BLASTwpb/events/87381012/
SUNDAY PARADE DETAILS
• Look for the BLAST contingent (two red Miata convertibles, BLAST banner, lots of wonderful women) somewhere near The Cottage in Lake Worth. The cars will be there starting at about 8:45am. (The streets will be barricaded at 9am with no traffic to go through. There is free parking available at Compass should you need a place to park and then walk to the staging area in front of The Cottage.)
• The parade steps off at 11:30, so allow yourself plenty of time to find parking and locate/get to The Cottage area by about 11am.
• The parade leads right to Bryant Park, where our booth will be set up. Bring your female friends and family members to march with us!
Throwing things to the crowd is not be allowed. If you want to bring small things to hand out, candy, toys, plastic shot glasses, beads, etc. that's great.
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING
• Costumes are always fun in a parade, but not required.
• Hand-made signs are always welcome, but not required.
AFTER THE PARADE: BRYANT PARK
• Booths – organizations, businesses, publications
• Food & drink for sale
• Live entertainment: Michaela Paige (NBC The Voice); Raejean Cox and the Massengil Sisters; South Florida Pride Marching Band; Teri Catlin Band; and many more!
• Free to be in the parade
• Ticket price to Pridefest at Bryant Park: $8
Find parking on a street in the surrounding neighborhood. Get there early. Carpooling recommended due to Lake Worth being overrun with parade participants.
BLAST Pridefest 2009 photos: http://www.meetup.com/BLASTwpb/photos/578126/
BLAST Pridefest 2010 photos: http://www.meetup.com/BLASTwpb/photos/869885/
SPONSORED BY COMPASS GAY & LESBIAN CENTER
QUESTIONS ABOUT BLAST?
Toni Jr: [masked]
PLEASE TAKE OUR QUICK, ANONYMOUS POLLS