Towards the end of last year Craig Aspinall organised a group of interested NoSqlers to get together each week and review a chapter of the "Seven Databases in Seven Weeks" book.
In this presentation Aran and Craig will cover how the group was run and what tools and systems we used to get through the exercises. We will also recount our experiences in using the following open source databases that the book covered.
- PostgreSQL, a traditional RDBMS,
- Riak, a key-value database
- HBase, a columnar database
- MongoDB, a document-oriented database
- CouchDB, a document-oriented database,
- Neo4j, a graph-oriented database, and
- Redis, a key-value database / data structure server.