Join Bridgemen and Steve Z. at Upwardly Global and help immigrants improve their interviewing skills by doing two mock interviews.
You'll be meeting friendly people from all over the world who have a good education, professional experience, and are motivated to get into the workforce, but need some interview practice. You do not need any recruiting experience for this volunteer opportunity. You only need the desire to help.
We begin in a group environment where Bridgemen can have some snacks and chat with each other, as well as meet other volunteers and the people we'll be interviewing. After a brief orientation, you will be given a packet containing a list of interview questions and two resumes. Next, the first candidate will be called in for the interview. If you like, you can request to be part of an interview team. and you'll be placed with another Bridgeman to conduct the interview together.
Upwardly Global prepares educated and skilled immigrants, refugees, and asylees to overcome the numerous barriers to professional employment. Their job search preparedness and training offers six months of support that includes:
- resume revision, interview preparation, and salary negotiation
- networking opportunities and coaching in marketing oneself
- one-on-one advising from staff as well as a U.S. mentor
- acculturation training for adjusting to the U.S. workplace environment
- direct referral to and placement in professional positions at our employer partners
- a growing network of alumni who support one another in career advancement
Click here to find out more about Upwardly Global