|Sent on:||Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:18 PM|
Good evening babywearers! It’s been so nice meeting so many of you, and I’m so excited for where this group is going. With a few events under our belts, I’ve got a few housekeeping items for everyone.
1) If everyone would, please post a recent-ish picture of yourself as your main profile pic for the group. We love seeing pics of everyone’s babies, but having at least one pic with you in it will greatly help everyone know who they are looking for.
2) When meeting at community events like festivals/fairs/walks/etc., the host will wait for 15 minutes at the location listed on the event page. If you see that you will be running later than that, please call or text the host so they can tell you where to meet them. I’ll make sure that hosts have their cell numbers posted.
3) Given that this is a parents group, everyone understands that things come up, even at the last minute! Babies are the ultimate question mark! But please be as courteous as possible with your RSVP’s. Our awesome event coordinators take time out of their days to host these events and have ways of monitoring RSVP’s and comments posted on the event page while they are out and about. So, even if things change at the last minute please change your RSVP status if at all possible.
4) Meetup.com has an app for both iPhone and Android and although limited in some areas, it is great for managing your RSVP’s, checking-in to events, posting comments on an event and uploading pictures. If anyone has any questions about the apps please let me know and I’ll see if I can help. I absolutely love using it when I host events.
5) Speaking of events... is there something you’d like to see the group do? Would you like more events scheduled on your side of town or during a time a day that’s convenient for you? Well, step right up!! Anyone is welcome to host an event! Just email me the details, and I’ll post it up. Or any member can “suggest” an event on the meetup page. You put all the details in yourself and then I’ll make it a formal event when I get a chance (usually that evening since my work blocks meetup).
Thank you all for your time and enthusiasm. We have such a great group, and I see it only getting better and better!