Bethany P.
user 2829552
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 1
Hi All -
I'm new to the area - in transition still actually - one more trip down to Florida to move up all of our stuff before we'll be officially in Charlotte.

I'm looking for a pediatrician for my little Max - he's almost 5 months old. We're sort of following Dr. Sears vaccination schedule - spreading them out or delaying them so we need a pediatrician that is okay with this. We're going to be in Dilworth and would like to have a pediatrician close by - but ultimately will travel for a pediatrician that is open to alternate vaccination schedules, more natural treatments for treating sicknesses etc...

Any suggestions??

Thanks!
Bethany
Jessica
user 7927992
Charlotte, NC
Dr Bernal at Ballantyne Pediatrics at Steelecroft. Very supportive of vaccination choices and well informed!!
Angela H.
angelazh
Charlotte, NC
Dilworth Pediatrics is not a kind office unless you follow the CDC vax schedule exactly. Guess how I know... We see Sheila Kilbane in Cornelius. It's about half an hour away, but she is amazing.
Melissa C.
user 12204604
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 21
Welcome!

Depending on what part of Charlotte you will be in, there may be some closer than others. We recently started going to Elizabeth Family Medicine in Elizabeth. It is an integrative family medicine practice and they had no issue delaying vax for us. It is a huge practice, though, which has its benefits and drawbacks. Feel free to be in touch if you have more questions!
A former member
Hi Bethany,
I was just getting on the message board to ask this same question. Did you have any luck finding a Ped.? If so, who did you decide on?
XX,
Lauren
Bonnie S.
Bonniebelle101
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 9
Bethany,

I'm afraid these boards don't get read as often as I like, and I'm no help since we vac on schedule. Our practice, Charlotte Pediatric Clinic, will allow for a delayed schedule but they put the responsibility on you to keep up with what is needed and when since it's not their usual schedule. Feel free to ask over on the facebook page. You may get more replies. Also, there is a Natural Parenting group here on meetup that might be able to help as well.
A former member
We got to Arboretum Pediatrics and although we didn't do a delayed schedule with our now 7 yr old, I've been contemplating doing that for our 6 mth old. He's up to date on the regular schedule as of 4 mths but he had a UTI and after treatment and some tests, etc. both the office and I kind of forgot to schedule his 6 mth well visit and I just haven't called because I've been thinking about delaying the shots anyway and figured this is a good opportunity, but I'm kind of overwhelmed with how to go about that. I originally started using their office as I read so many awesome things about Dr. Satterfield there, that he's great for a lot of natural/AP families and is cool with delayed vaxing and other things along those lines, but he is so popular he's always booked up months in advance and we almost always end up seeing another Dr there anyway. The ones we've seen have been ok but I've disagreed with them on a few things. Been trying to decide if I should just start holding out for appts with Satterfield or try to find another office altogether.
Danielle
user 8801280
Gastonia, NC
Post #: 3
We use Touchstone Pediatrics which is where Dr. Kilbaine is. She is leaving the practice and will be still in the area working with a integrative practice that includes some naturopathic doctors. That being said, all the Dr's at Touchstone (in Cornelius) are Fellows of Dr. Weil Alternative & Complimentary medicine program. If you want a Dr to give you loads of info about supplements, diets, etc etc they have it. They recommend Dr. sears schedule and do not object to patients opting to not vaccinate. I've been very happy there for the last year and always get me in quick when needed. The nurses have responded to my calls quickly as well. Through this practice they have information on like minded health professionals for adults too. Good Luck!
Kim R.
user 8951545
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 11
We used to go to Arboretum Peds and saw Dr. Sullivan for a while. Then she was never available an always booked up for months. I think my four year old last saw her at his 2 year old appt. I had some bad
Experiences there too with very long wait times and receptionist screw ups. So since hubby and I see dr. Kanelos we switched my son. My 6 month old has only gone to see Dr. Kanelos too! Super vaccination delay friendly and super breastfeeding friendly. His nurse practitioner sees a naturalpathic doctor for her care if that tells you anything!
A former member
Post #: 2
OOoooh that sounds wonderful, I will have to check them out, thanks!!!