This is a BACKABUSH 'DELUXE' trip which means we stay in a comfortable hotel. So no dorms, no queuing for the showers and meals served at the hotel!
JULY 26 - 28 - LAKE DISTRICT NATIONAL PARK
Best Western Shap Wells Hotel
Quality accommodation in a secluded valley.
Number of nights - 2. Cost - £159 per person.
High in the Cumbrian Fells, our countryside setting ensures peace and quiet, and is the perfect place from which to hike and explore in the Lake District. The hotel itself offers the highest standards, without taking itself too seriously. The friendly staff create a warm, relaxing, family run environment, where nothing is too much trouble.
The mood for your stay is set even before you check-in, with a mile-long drive along a private road with breathtaking, rugged scenery in every direction. A pretty waterfall and trickling stream running by the front door will leave you with no doubts in your mind that this is a wonderful place in which to get away from it all!
The Lake District National Park offers the finest hiking in England (there are even red squirrels in the hotel grounds) and there is plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure in this superb region.
Don't miss this weekend away!
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in twin share rooms (double room for couples) or private room (there is an extra charge for single occupancy)
- 2 cooked breakfasts 2 delicious (three course) evening meals
- A choice of guided hikes by trained Mountain Leaders (MLTE) and qualified first aiders
- Financial protection in accordance with the Package Travel Law 1992
Price does NOT include:
- Transport expenses (Please contact us if you need a lift.)
- Lunches (Depending on the hike you choose we can either take a packed lunch with us or stop in a village pub.)
- Single occupancy supplement of £30 (i.e. just £15 extra per night if you prefer a private room to yourself.)
To confirm your place on this trip please use internet banking. The account details are:
Account Name: BACKABUSH XPLORERS
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to arrive on time for dinner on Friday evening you will need to be able to take the afternoon off work on Friday 26 July.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We consider safety to be our number one priority and while we never take unnecessary risks, we do recognise that any outdoor activity involves a danger of personal injury or death. Remember that you should be aware of and accept these risks as you are responsible for your own safety and you should not undertake anything beyond your abilities. It is also your responsibility to be correctly equipped for the weather and activity you have chosen to participate in.
We recommend that everyone participating in outdoor activities obtain appropriate insurance. The BMC offer excellent policies for all outdoor enthusiasts at very competitive rates: https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/insurance/Landing.aspx