addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bad Movie Night Message Board › Bad Movie randomness

Bad Movie randomness

Ian M
user 11984944
Group Organizer
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 12
Random update from New York!

Diane was all curious about what I've been doing. Turns out suddenly moving across the continent is actually a lot of work and stress. I decided to do everything at once through SHEER WILLPOWER, and realized that there is a reason people boost their willpower through martial arts training montages rather than just doing everything at once. Busted up my immune system and got stupidly sick. Also I had to convince the IRS I did not owe them $17000. I had oh so many adventures, not all of them ironically, and now I'm settled down in Brooklyn and not missing my car.

On the up side, I haven't missed my old job one minute, and in fact I'm getting way too used to this whole "not working" thing. I'm giving myself a year to play faux-starving artiste and write a book before getting back to the grind.

I've been lax in only one respect - I haven't started BMN NY yet. When I do, I'll point to this group as an advertisement of my magisterial administrative peerlessness! You folks be a good example now. That way I can get more hot chicks in big black glasses. And on that note, boy is it ever nice to live in a place where the sausagefest is just a day in October.

You guys have to tell me what are the most fun things you've been seeing! At BMN. On the screen. I know what you were about to write, Mike, and I wish I didn't.

Diane
Spazmataz
San Jose, CA
Post #: 61
Thanks for the update! Now stay well & let us know when you've made your mark on the art world
Mike
Lafayette, CA
Post #: 105
Wow, I'm glad to hear you're out of the rough patch you were going through.

I'm giving myself a year to play faux-starving artiste and write a book before getting back to the grind.

Just promise that you'll change the name of the character you base on me.

You guys have to tell me what are the most fun things you've been seeing! At BMN. On the screen. I know what you were about to write, Mike, and I wish I didn't.

Well, my work here is done...
Ralph W. Miller I.
dinoguyralph
Menlo Park, CA
Post #: 1
"Voyage of the Rock Aliens" is one crazy trip. After Pia "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" Zadora's "The Lonely Lady" and "Butterfly," Pia starred in this little gem which was supposed to be released in 1984. Now by this time Pia's husband, Meshulam Riklis (a millionaire 30 years her senior), had become her biggest fan. There is a rumor that Riklis had actually "bought" Pia her Golden Globe for "Butterfly," a film which paradoxically also earned 6 Razzies. Is there anything to this rumor? I have no idea.

Web sources disagree as to whether "Voyage of the Rock Aliens" was ever released theatrically in the US. All I can say for sure is that I myself never got a chance to see it on the big screen -- and I had been anxiously waiting for it to come out. I finally experienced the film when it was released on VHS some years later. The rumor I had heard (from a friend of mine who had actually worked on VOTRA) was that Pia's husband paid off the producers so as to to PREVENT the film's domestic release, for fear that this motion picture would somehow ruin her chances to make it as a female vocalist. This is just a rumor, I hasten to point out, and I don't pretend to have all the answers. On the other hand, Pia Zadora's singing career did take off after all, so perhaps it is all for the best.
Ian M
user 11984944
Group Organizer
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 13

Just promise that you'll change the name of the character you base on me.

How about Bron Steele?
A former member
Post #: 28
Mike
Lafayette, CA
Post #: 106

@Ian: Well, I was going to suggest either Bron Steele or I. Ron Mann anyway, so yeah.

@Julian: I'm proud of you. That was horrible.
Svaha!Dean
user 8410934
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 168
I'm now completely obsessed with finding a DVD copy of "Kareteci Kız"! devilish
A former member
Post #: 29
Dean, here you go!
http://www.twistedang...­
Svaha!Dean
user 8410934
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 169
thanx J. wink ordered and paid. cool Turkey is the new film capital of the world in my world. biggrin