add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Badgerland WordPress Message Board › migrating a website from dreamweaver to wordpress

migrating a website from dreamweaver to wordpress

Luis Alejandro N.
user 20193801
Madison, WI
Post #: 1

I have been working on a website for the last few weeks. I used Dreamweaver to create the website, and everything was coming along until I needed to add the "news" section. I was trying to figure out how to have the news by editable, easy to maintain even fro a non0technical user, and doing some research I found out that WordPress was the best way to do it.

I have installed WordPress locally on my PC, but I most say I have some trouble figuring out how to work with it (even after reading a few articles and watched some YouTube tutorial videos)

I would like to be able to use the HTML, CSS and jQuery plug-ins that I used on my website, but now with WordPress, and I was wondering if anyone would be able to offer some help to do this migration, I just need to figure out how to do it for one page, and then I am pretty sure I can take it on my own.

If anyone in Madison is available please let me know, may be we can work out a time and day to meet in person in a cafe so I can show you the work I have and how easy would be to move it from Dreamweaver to WordPress.

Thank you everyone,