|Sent on:||Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:07 AM|
----- Original Message -----From: Jeff WismerSent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 1:11 PMSubject: [atheists-55] Fwd: Help Save Marriage, Matching Grant!
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Family Research Council <[address removed]>
Date: Jun 18, 2008 1:34 PM
Subject: Help Save Marriage, Matching Grant!
To: [address removed]
Help Save Marriage, Matching Grant!
June 18, 2008 | Refer a Friend
I'm writing to ask you to give a generous donation to Family Research Council's MARRIAGE CAMPAIGN.
Your donation and others will be doubled by a Matching Grant up to $250,000!
Traditional marriage is now in grave peril across the nation due to the outrageous decisions by activist judges and radical legislators in Massachusetts, California, Vermont, Connecticut, New Jersey, New Hampshire and Oregon. With reckless disregard for logic and law, these threats open the door to:
- Counterfeit marriage being imposed on states with marriage amendments
- Erosion of traditional morality as homosexuality is normalized
- Schools teaching that homosexual behavior and homosexual "marriage" are social goods
- Restriction of religious freedom and free speech
Our initial goal: raise $2 million immediately to educate the nation on the centrality of marriage, respond to threats and lies across the country, educate leaders and pastors, and register voters.
The crisis is so great that FRC has been given a $250,000 Matching Grant to help fight this battle and others. Every gift you give will be doubled by the Grant.
You see, if we fail, counterfeit marriage will spread quickly and liberal judges and radical bureaucrats will impose it across America.
Same-sex pairs from other states are traveling to states that will "marry" them and/or provide benefits, then those couples are returning home to demand recognition of their "marriage" contract or civil union benefits!
- New York 's pro-homosexual governor, David Paterson (D), has already instructed state agencies to recognize counterfeit marriages performed in California.
- With shocking arrogance, San Francisco's mayor, Gavin Newsom (D), boasted America will have homosexual "marriage" "whether you like it or not!"
If citizens don't speak out, judges--not free people--will decide what marriage is . . . what our kids will be taught about marriage and sex . . what our churches can do . . . and perhaps whether we have the freedom to express our views publicly.
This is why we and our allies must work together to STOP homosexual "marriage."
While millions of citizens want to protect marriage, homosexual groups are pouring millions of dollars into massive campaigns to confuse and deceive. We need your help to counter their propaganda and to register citizens to vote their values.
Your gift will help FRC's Marriage Campaign counter this and other attacks by the homosexual special interests. You will help FRC in our nationwide efforts to:
- Educate the grassroots and government leaders
- Work with allies to multiply our impact
- Launch paid advertising and press events
- Alert and inform FRC's powerful network of churches
- Flood TV, radio, newspapers, and the Internet with FRC experts doing eye-opening interviews
- Launch informative mail and e-mail campaigns
But this emergency was unforeseen and unbudgeted. So FRC asks everyone who cares about marriage to send a generous contribution--to be doubled by the matching grant.
After you have supported your family and church, may I hear from you?
But remember, it's not just about any single state. Marriage . . . our values . . . what our children learn . . . and our freedom of expression are at risk across America. Will judges and radicals dictate our future and destroy our democracy? Or will the people prevail?
Please pray and give today to have your gift doubled. May God bless you!
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Jeff Wismer ([address removed]) from The Baltimore Atheists Meetup Group.
To learn more about Jeff Wismer, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here
Meetup Support: [address removed]
632 Broadway, New York, NY 10012 USA