Mailing List Archive

Subject Sender Date
Re: [atheists-55] Roy Zimmerman Concert: THE FAUCETS ON FIRE! (Sunday, 4/12) - George, The Baltimore Coalition of Reason (Baltimore CoR) is nonpartisan.  People on the left and the right can agree that gun violence is a problem, although we might differ on solutions.  The main reasons Emil V. Apr 9, 2015 5:52 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Roy Zimmerman Concert: THE FAUCETS ON FIRE! (Sunday, 4/12) - Finger off the trigger and everything. Bravo! George S Apr 9, 2015 3:46 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Roy Zimmerman Concert: THE FAUCETS ON FIRE! (Sunday, 4/12) - Have I ever fired a gun . Do I look AL J. Apr 9, 2015 3:13 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Roy Zimmerman Concert: THE FAUCETS ON FIRE! (Sunday, 4/12) - Have you ever been to Japan and the United Kingdom? I have, and they don't look like Baltimore. Science compares apples to apples. For example, Fairfax County, VA and Montgomery George S Apr 9, 2015 2:55 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Roy Zimmerman Concert: THE FAUCETS ON FIRE! (Sunday, 4/12) - Even libertarian atheist skeptic Michael Shermer has admitted that the science shows that more guns reduces individual and societal safety factors, to the point he got rid of his weapon. Many nations Gregory P. Apr 8, 2015 1:12 PM
Re: Re: [atheists-55] Roy Zimmerman Concert: THE FAUCETS ON FIRE! (Sunday, 4/12) - Let's be tolerant and accepting of differences. I too do not support guns, violence, and war. So let's respect and accept differences within the atheist c Russell D. Apr 8, 2015 12:39 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Roy Zimmerman Concert: THE FAUCETS ON FIRE! (Sunday, 4/12) - AL J. Apr 8, 2015 11:38 AM
Re: [atheists-55] Roy Zimmerman Concert: THE FAUCETS ON FIRE! (Sunday, 4/12) - WTF? I know that you know that I know that you don't know. Sent from my iPhone Kevin G. Apr 8, 2015 8:02 AM
Re: [atheists-55] Roy Zimmerman Concert: THE FAUCET’S ON FIRE! (Sunday, 4/12) - No thanks. I am an atheist, not a knee-jerk liberal. What does "gun violence" etc have to do with atheism? If you believe in science, clearly the data show more guns = less crime. George S Apr 8, 2015 7:29 AM
Roy Zimmerman Concert: THE FAUCET’S ON FIRE! (Sunday, 4/12) - Hello, Baltimore Atheists! Please join us for a concert by singer/songwriter Roy Zimmerman. Enjoy a great performance with friends from the Baltimore Coalition of Reason and Americans United for Separation of Church and State - Maryland Chapter. Emil V. Apr 7, 2015 8:48 AM
Meetup details changed: The Baltimore Atheists Monthly Meetup - I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing: http://www.meetup.com/Baltimor­e-Atheist/events/219597780/ When : Tuesday, March 24, Steve Z. Mar 12, 2015 9:18 AM
Bhopali Movie Screening - 30th Anniversary of Bhopal Gas Tragedy - Nishikant D. Dec 2, 2014 7:42 PM
Debates from India's recent elections - Right wing religious group has taken up power in India. Can u please watch this video and share it widely  Nishikant D. Nov 17, 2014 6:51 PM
Look at our ability; not our disability. - Nishikant D. Sep 15, 2014 2:45 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Great Grapes Wine Festival - ==============================­======= Yes, of course, we are all bon-vivans and peruse vineyards. Get a grip, grape dude. & E K May 30, 2014 11:37 AM
Great Grapes Wine Festival - If anyone is going to Great Grapes stop by Royal Rabbit Vineyards and say hello. Roy A. May 29, 2014 11:14 PM
"Dinner With An Atheist" Saturday 7:00 pm at Balticon (Hunt Valley Inn) - Hello, Baltimore Atheists! Please join us for dinner with David Silverman, president of American Atheists, this Saturday, May 24th, at 7:00 pm at the Cinnamon Tree Restaurant in the Hunt Valley Inn. What: Dinner with David Silverman When: 7:00 pm Emil V. May 22, 2014 9:54 PM
Thursday: Celebrate National Day of Reason with screening of "My Week in Atheism" and Potluck Dinner - Hello, Baltimore Atheists! Join us for a screening of the documentary "My Week in Atheism" this Thursday. For the first time, the Baltimore Coalition of Reason is holding an event to mark the National Day of Reason. As in previous years, this yea Emil V. Apr 30, 2014 2:00 AM
Morning Enlightenment to Evening Entertainment this Sunday (4/20) - Hello, Baltimore Atheists! There's a full day of activities this Sunday in Baltimore for those who seek an alternative to traditional religious celebrations. At 10:30 am at the Baltimore Ethical Society, hear about the values of the Enlightenment Emil V. Apr 15, 2014 2:38 AM
Tonight's Meetup - Hey all, Not sure what will happen tonight.  Parking in Fells Point is going to be pretty bad if there is more than a couple inches of snow. It also looks like my area may get hit harder than the harbor area.  If I can't make it I'll just put Steve Z. Jan 21, 2014 7:49 AM
Tomorrow: Celebrate HumanLight with the Baltimore Coalition of Reason! (12/22) - Preview not available Emil V. Dec 21, 2013 6:30 PM
Movie nights at my place... - So, I'm going to revive the movie nights at my place.. I no Kevin G. Oct 24, 2013 11:26 AM
Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, Master of The Sarod - Preview not available Nishikant D. Aug 27, 2013 9:44 PM
Is Million March Against GM crops enough? - Preview not available Nishikant D. Jun 1, 2013 4:56 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Hey Tom, new guy... - It's Bob, but close enough haha.... And I will be.  Work has taken over my life including my Tuesday evenings, but as soon as my schedule lets up you'll be seeing me again! Bob L. Mar 22, 2013 12:37 AM
Hey Tom, new guy... - Come back, we don't bite. really!! Kevin G. Mar 20, 2013 7:20 AM
JHU Holi Weekend - Holi is the festival of color celebrated in India promoting universal brotherhood. The idea is that everyone at the end of the event will look like each other, creating no distinction. www Nishikant D. Mar 10, 2013 2:38 PM
Jessica Ellison - http://reparte.com/gvtpvlc/dyx­ Jessica E. Mar 4, 2013 8:44 PM
Re: [atheists-55] FW: - Greg has been hacked....... On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 6:16 PM, Gregory Paul < [address removed] > wro Steve S. Feb 19, 2013 6:39 PM
FW: - hey maybe you feel the same maybe you feel the same http://www.cnbc.com-feb-13-new­s.net/ you can trust me keep in touch please Gregory P. Feb 19, 2013 6:16 PM
Tomorrow: Celebrate Darwin Day with Baltimore CoR - Preview not available Emil V. Feb 2, 2013 11:09 AM
RE: [atheists-55] hi - robert mc c. Jan 30, 2013 4:02 PM
Re: [atheists-55] hi - Don't bother clicking on links lik Trevor G. Jan 30, 2013 12:39 PM
Re: [atheists-55] hi - Isn't it spam? Looks like it On Jan 30, 2013, at 11:01 AM, robert mc cormack < [address removed] > wrote: Sarah A. Jan 30, 2013 11:34 AM
RE: [atheists-55] hi - robert mc c. Jan 30, 2013 11:01 AM
hi - hey have a look http://bit.ly/X7KTQh John john f. Jan 30, 2013 9:42 AM
RE: [atheists-55] Horrible Vacation................Earle Hollenbaugh - Wayne H. Jan 23, 2013 9:30 PM
RE: [atheists-55] Horrible Vacation................Earle Hollenbaugh - Cindy M. Jan 23, 2013 6:31 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Horrible Vacation................Earle Hollenbaugh - Robert (et. al.) That letter was NOT from Earl.  To be honest, since I don't know Earl personally (or even if there is or was an "Earl"), maybe it WAS from someone named Earl, or pretend Steve S. Jan 23, 2013 5:50 PM
RE: [atheists-55] Horrible Vacation................Earle Hollenbaugh - robert mc c. Jan 23, 2013 1:16 PM
Horrible Vacation................Earle Hollenbaugh - Hello, I am sorry for reaching you rather too late due to the situation of things right now. My family and I had a trip visiting (London/United Kin user 8. Jan 23, 2013 11:22 AM
Horrible Vacation................Earle Hollenbaugh - Hello, I am sorry for reaching you rather too late due to the situation of things right now. My family and I had a trip visiting (London/United user 8. Jan 23, 2013 11:20 AM
Correct link for the Atheist Census. - http://www.atheistcensus.com/   Steve Z. Dec 17, 2012 10:09 AM
Atheist Census - If you haven't seen this already, please check it out so we can get as many of us counted as possible.   http://www.atheistcensus.com/?­validate=6bcf97aaf8a6e105af376­bed7cce2768ef335809   Thanks,   Stev Steve Z. Dec 17, 2012 10:06 AM
Fw: Check out A Year in Jail for Not Believing in God? - john f. Nov 23, 2012 7:01 PM
Jewish Atheist Runs For Governor in South Carolina - Hello, Baltimore Atheists! Please join the Baltimore Jewish Cultural Chavurah and the Baltimore Coalition of Reason (Baltimore CoR) to hear Herb Silverman tell how he ran for governor in South Carolina. Silverman is the founder of the Secular Coali Emil V. Nov 5, 2012 12:55 AM
Let us welcome Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia in Baltimore with a grand attendance ! - Dear All,      Can you please support this concert by attending this even Nishikant D. Sep 11, 2012 7:33 PM
Celebrate World Humanist Day (06/21) with Baltimore CoR - Dear Baltimore Atheists, Come celebrate World Humanist Day with friends of the Baltimore Coalition of Reason and show your support for reason and a positive vision of the future! We will screen the documentary "Waiting for Armageddon," which revea Emil V. Jun 16, 2012 11:52 PM
Religious hegemony in the military -- this Sunday, 10:30 at BES - Preview not available Emil V. May 18, 2012 11:21 AM
Acquire the Fire - Hello all, Looking to see if any of you are interested in holding a counter demonstration at a southern baptist event being held at the First Mariner Arena this weekend. The group is called Acquire the Fire. They represent Teen Mania and they s Nicole H. Apr 23, 2012 10:56 AM
Re: Royal Rabbit Rational/Thoughtful Tuesday Meetup - Just a reminder ,o ur 3rd Thoughtful Tuesday meeting is this Tuesday 4/10 at 7:00 PM at  Royal Rabbit Vineyards  1090 Jordan Sawmill Rd Roy A. Apr 8, 2012 11:34 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Reason Rally - They hadn't fixed it when I left just after Eddie Izzard. On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Michael < [address removed] > wrote: Ian Mar 28, 2012 10:41 AM
Re: [atheists-55] Reason Rally - They played the tribute AFTER Bad Religion, basically while things were being packed up and there were maybe 500 people left. It was very touching though. Ended with "Thank you, Christopher. We'll take it from here." :) On Tuesday, Philip Mar 28, 2012 7:52 AM
Reason Rally - I left shortly after Dawkins. Were they able to fix the Hitchens tribute? user 6. Mar 27, 2012 3:09 PM
April 13 - Anybody planning anything special for the anniversary of the birth of one Christopher Eric Hitchens? Michael user 6. Mar 26, 2012 6:05 PM
Lost email - A woman asked how I quit heroin w/o a godhead or 12 step program... I am not ignoring you, I accidently lost ur email. Will reply, but not to whole group, since it was a private discussion. Please send me a line w/ email address and will finish my repl Patrick B. Mar 26, 2012 3:15 PM
RE: [atheists-55] We have a problem... - Mike Mar 26, 2012 1:04 PM
Re: [atheists-55] We have a problem... - Hi Patrick   The problem is that most people did not step one foot out of the cave, where as we see the light they cant get there yet, the darkness of faith can never see the light of reason and logic. Religion is a drug and y John T. Mar 26, 2012 12:22 PM
Re: [atheists-55] We have a problem... - hi patrick and i think that a herion dealer is much worse than an atheist. my cousin bryant-keith has been an off and Jessica E. Mar 26, 2012 12:24 AM
Re: [atheists-55] We have a problem... - Hi Patrick, Based on what I've experienced, the heroin dealer is worse than an a simple atheist.  Even the user is worse.  I had an older brother who was found clinically dead twice from heroin, and although he could be great Ryan I. Mar 25, 2012 9:46 AM
We have a problem... - I was heroin addict and dealer for about 17 years until I was incarcerated in the Ohio prison system, served my time, got clean (i still smoke weed, am am involved in legalization for medical marijuana), and am attending college as a psychology major, Patrick B. Mar 25, 2012 3:51 AM
Richard Dawkins on Up With Chris Hayes Sun[masked] am MSNBC - Watch tomorrow morning. MSNBC Up with Chris Hayes &nb Deb H Mar 24, 2012 6:42 PM
Ignite Baltimore talk; Reason Rally reminder - Hello, Baltimore Atheists! Just a reminder about the Reason Rally this Saturday. Please check out the Meetup at http://www.meetup.com/Baltimor­e-Atheist/events/56159752/ and learn more at http://ReasonRally.org/ . Last week I spoke at Ign Emil V. Mar 21, 2012 11:08 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Ignite Baltimore (3/15): "Building Humanist Communities in Baltimore" - I added myself to the waiting list -----Original Message----- From: Emil Volcheck Sent: Saturday, March 10,[masked]:33 PM To: [address removed] Subject: [atheists-55] Ignite Baltimore (3/15): "Building Humanist Communities in Baltimore" Roy A. Mar 11, 2012 3:47 PM
Ignite Baltimore (3/15): "Building Humanist Communities in Baltimore" - Hello, Baltimore Atheists, This Thursday evening (3/15) 7 pm, I'll be speaking at Ignite Baltimore on the Baltimore Coalition of Reason and all its member organizations, including the Baltimore Atheists Meetup. The title of the talk is "Building H Emil V. Mar 10, 2012 3:33 PM
Royal Rabbit Rational/Thoughtful Tuesday Meetup - DATE: Tuesday March 20 7PM Location: Royal Rabbit Vineyards &nbs Roy A. Mar 6, 2012 11:38 PM
Tomorrow at 10:30 AM: Foundations of Evolution -- Celebrate Darwin Day with Baltimore CoR - I accidentally posted start time as PM, while it should be AM. I appologize for inconvenience. Marjeta For more details, see the full listing: http://www.meetup.com Marjeta Feb 11, 2012 5:39 PM
Meetup details changed: The Baltimore Atheists Monthly Meetup - I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing: http://www.meetup.com/Baltimor­e-Atheist/events/40618302/ When : Tuesday, December 20, Steve Z. Dec 14, 2011 5:29 PM
Tomorrow: "Attack of the Theocrats" by Sean Faircloth, 7:00 pm, Wed. 11/30, UMBC - Dear Baltimore Atheists Meetup and friends of the Baltimore Coalition of Reason, Come along as we join the UMBC Secular Student Alliance to hear Sean Faircloth speak about his new book "Attack of the Theocrats"! When: Wednesday, November 30, 7:00 Emil V. Nov 29, 2011 11:31 PM
Debate on religion this Sunday on ABC 2 - Hello, Baltimore Atheists Meetup! This Sunday 10 AM, ABC Channel 2 will air a debate on religion on the program "Square Off" with Richard Sher. The four panelists are a conservative Christian, a Methodist (AME) minister, an orthodox rabbi, and an a Emil V. Nov 10, 2011 11:18 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Call your US Congressman! - No surprize - it passed the following congressmen wrote a dissenting view John Conyers, Jr. Jerrold Nadler. Robert C. `Bobby' Scott. Melvin L. Watt. Judy Chu. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brent Amersbach" To Roy A. Nov 4, 2011 12:28 AM
Re: [atheists-55] Call your US Congressman! - I agree with Brent, but what's worse is that there are pressing issues at-hand on which Congress is stalling.  If "In God We Trust" actually made any tangible positive difference for our economy or anything else, I'd be for it, but yes: Ryan I. Nov 2, 2011 7:09 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Call your US Congressman! - It was, somebody wants to "reaffirm" it. In short, it's a complete waste of congress's time. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/f­riendlyatheist/2011/11/01/toda­y-congress-will-vote-to-reaffi­rm-in-god-we-trust-as-the-amer­ican-motto/ On Nov 2, 2011, at 3:41 Brent A. Nov 2, 2011 5:26 PM
RE: [atheists-55] Call your US Congressman! - I thought this was already done as well! -----Original Message----- From: [address removed] [mailto:[address removed]] On Behalf Of Vinnie Sent: Tuesday, November 01,[masked]:35 PM To: [address removed] Subject: Re: [atheists-55] Cal Cindy M. Nov 2, 2011 3:41 PM
Next meet up - Looks like we will have alot to talk about next meetup Joseph.R Nov 2, 2011 10:25 AM
Re: [atheists-55] Call your US Congressman! - Looks like we have alot to talk about next meetup Joseph.R Nov 2, 2011 10:17 AM
Re: [atheists-55] Call your US Congressman! - Yeah. "In God We Trust" has (unconstitutionally) been the United States motto since the 1950s. Today's vote is just rubbing the n Mark Nov 2, 2011 1:07 AM
Re: [atheists-55] Call your US Congressman! - yeah.  But it's not OFFICIAL.  Because THIS, along with criminalizing immigrants, saving America from Sharia Law, eliminating essential health and reproductive services for women and children, and reducing females to the contents of their uterus IS TH Dorothy Nov 1, 2011 6:45 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Call your US Congressman! - Didn't this already happen in 1956? Sent from my iPhone On Nov 1, 2011, at 5:39 PM, Linda wrote: > The U.S. House is voting tonight, Tuesday, Nov. 1, to make "IN GOD WE TRUST" > our national motto! Yeow! Call your Congr Vinnie Nov 1, 2011 6:35 PM
Call your US Congressman! - The U.S. House is voting tonight, Tuesday, Nov. 1, to make "IN GOD WE TRUST" our national motto! Yeow! Call your Congressman! Linda Prause Linda Nov 1, 2011 5:38 PM
Washington Post atheoseries etc - I was asked by the editor of Washington Post/On Faith to contribute a six part series on why atheism is on the move, and I am using it to go after the core of religious inferiority compared to the practical and moral superiority of democratic atheis Gregory P. Oct 24, 2011 5:23 PM
"Religious Fundamentalism" lecture tomorrow Sunday, Oct. 16th at 3:00 pm - Hello, Baltimore Atheists! The Baltimore Secular Jews (Chavurah) and the Baltimore Coalition of Reason invite you to attend "Religious Fundamentalism: A Global and Comparative Perspective" By Dr. Bjorn Krondorfer, Professor of Religious Studies Emil V. Oct 15, 2011 2:24 PM
Parenting Beyond Belief with Dale McGowan - Dear friends of the Baltimore Coalition of Reason, Dale McGowan, author of "Parenting Beyond Belief" is coming to Baltimore the weekend of September 24-25. He will be speaking at two events: a one-hour lecture Saturday evening, and a full workshop Emil V. Sep 13, 2011 6:24 PM
Christocommunism - Washington Post/On Faith ran my essay on Christian socialism/libertarianism - www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/g­uest-voices/post/from-jesus-so­cialism-to-capit alistic-christianity/2011/08/1­2/gIQAziaQBJ_blog.html There were two replies, which I in tu Gregory P. Sep 6, 2011 4:46 PM
Request: Email discussions - Hi all, Email distribution has been Pam T. Aug 5, 2011 8:25 AM
Re: [atheists-55] Re: Indian Ocean concert - please save the dates. - ...but it feels so good. -Doug On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Kevin Grishkot < [address removed] > wrote: Doug Aug 4, 2011 12:43 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Re: Indian Ocean concert - please save the dates. - Ph you shouldn't have been that kind of a dick. Goodbye. Skydivers don't knock on death's door, they ring the bell and run away...It REALLY pisses him off. The World Famous Tink ( I never Kevin G. Aug 4, 2011 12:37 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Re: Indian Ocean concert - please save the dates. - Please get fucked cus don't give a damn.  Don't send me shit if you don't want to here my opinion about it.  :P -Doug On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Kevin Grishkot < Doug Aug 4, 2011 12:35 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Re: Indian Ocean concert - please save the dates. - So, did anyone go, or is going to the concert?  On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Doug < [address removed] > wrote: El D. Aug 4, 2011 12:32 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Re: Indian Ocean concert - please save the dates. - Please get a chat room. This list is for notification NOT discussion. Skydivers don't knock on death's door, they ring the bell and run away...It REALLY pisses him off. The World Fa Kevin G. Aug 4, 2011 12:31 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Re: Indian Ocean concert - please save the dates. - It's just a conversion you apparently don't care about, not spam.  No one is trying to sell you Viagra here.  Also, you clearly have gmail so even these 50 emails basically just amount to one conversation in your mailbox.  Is that really so overwh Doug Aug 4, 2011 12:14 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Re: Indian Ocean concert - please save the dates. - Slow and slowly expanding is not how it works with cultivated crops though and hasn't been since we start cultivating them.  We quickly spread and start mass producing plants with mutations we think are good or neat or whatever. Also, as far Doug Aug 4, 2011 12:10 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Re: Indian Ocean concert - please save the dates. - Oh my goodness, isn't this list supposed to be about atheism, not GM? Look, I follow Monsanto professionally. But this spam is getting out of hand. John On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Nishikant Desh John K Aug 4, 2011 12:05 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Re: Indian Ocean concert - please save the dates. - The problem is we are not building an ant hill but a complete Himalayas which nature finds it hard to circumvent.  As I said interventional research at a small scale is fine. Initially the dairy industry got a boom after use of hormones used to ge Nishikant D. Aug 4, 2011 12:02 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Re: Indian Ocean concert - please save the dates. - The point about the tomatoes was that for any given tomato plant it could have had a mutation that changed it from being safe to unsafe.  You are speaking to how the fruit got here to begin with though.  The tomatoes don't sit around thinking well I w Doug Aug 4, 2011 11:44 AM
Re: [atheists-55] Re: Indian Ocean concert - please save the dates. -  If tomatoes became dangerous then the whole human population would have been wiped off far while ago. We have multiple colored flowers because of cross pollination . But when you start mixing a rodent genes into a crop, no one knows what will come out of Nishikant D. Aug 4, 2011 11:27 AM
Re: [atheists-55] Re: Indian Ocean concert - please save the dates. - I don't think we should be dismissive of Emil's argument though. As far as I know, we don't have any controlled long term studies on the safety of GM foods. On top of that companies produce many new chemicals each year and put it in our product Malcolm Aug 4, 2011 11:23 AM
Re: [atheists-55] Re: Indian Ocean concert - please save the dates. - I pretty much agree with Malcolm here. To Emil, I could just as easily say if you claim that regular tomatoes are safe then what's your evidence?  Have you conducted a longitudinal study on this years tomato crop?  They all have mutations in th Doug Aug 4, 2011 11:03 AM
Re: [atheists-55] Re: Indian Ocean concert - please save the dates. - Couldn't most of these arguments be applied to breeding as well? AFAIK, pretty much none of fruits and vegetables you buy at your local supermarket bare much of a resemblance to their pre-agriculture ancestors. Just look at what we did to banan Malcolm Aug 3, 2011 11:49 PM
Re: [atheists-55] Re: Indian Ocean concert - please save the dates. - Hello, Doug, You characterized Deshmukh's position as "well I don't really know but something bad is bound to happen, so we should ban it". I think he addressed that when he called for testing. Let's apply some skeptical and critical thinking to Mo Emil V. Aug 3, 2011 11:27 PM

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy