addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello,

My name is Cathy D. and I am soooo happy to have found this discussion group. Living in the "burbs" means that atheist's are isolated, especially me because I keep telling people that their belief in a "god" means they have a mental illness. devilish

But that also means that getting into Baltimore city is very hard....especially on a weeknight. So I was wondering if anyone else lived south of Baltimore, like closer to Annapolis? I would be interested in attending meetups in Anne Arundel county.

And if there are enough people, I wouldn't mind setting one up either.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope to meet you all soon.
A former member
Hi, Cathy!

I'm in the same situation. I'm in Gambrills, and work an early day shift (I'm up by 5 AM), so getting into either Baltimore or DC on a weekday evening is a tough one. It has discouraged me from being very active in the local atheist community, in fact. I would be very interested in a get-together closer to Annapolis, perhaps on a Saturday or Sunday.

Steve
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Steve,

Nice to meet you. 5am?! OUCH....guess your dvr gets lots of work. Now we have a start! Hope there are others here AA County.....

Anyone in Severna Park? Pasadena? Odenton? Certainly hope so.

We need a place to gather now......any ideas? I and my hubby will keep a look-out and post some ideas. We usually go to places in Annapolis, Severna Park, Pasadena, and Glen Burnie, and would be glad to come to Gambrills.

Either day is good for us, we are empty nesters and have time now, finally.

A former member
i live in NE Baltimore and my lady lives in Glen Burnie, so i can go both ways (wait a minute, let me rephrase that ; ) )
A former member
Post #: 3
LOL

Hi Mark, nice to meet you. Now we have a enough for drinks.....laughing

A former member
Post #: 2
Nice to meet you, too
A former member
Hello everyone - I'm new to the area and just found this site. I'm in Odenton so would love to meet in Anne Arundel County or Howard county - but I'm not much help on location, I'm just getting to where I can find a couple places without my GPS!
A former member
I am in Severna Park. If there is a local meet-up let me know - Ken