Baltimore Clojure Message Board › Greetings, Clojurians!

Greetings, Clojurians!

Jason L.
canweriotnow
Group Organizer
Baltimore, MD
Hey, We're creeping up on 30 members (a month in advance of our first meetup!) so I wanted to reach out to everyone who has signed up.
First, thank you!
It's very cool to see that there's so much interest in Clojure here in Mobtown.
As a remnder, we also have a Google group for any Clojure-related chatter about he group or the local Clojure scene in general: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/baltimore-clojure­
I also wanted to send out an informal CFP for the first meetup. I think in the discription I'd mentioned a suggested initial format of intros, "what should this look like" discussion, lightning talks, and maybe some open hack/guided exploration time.
If you have an idea for a lightning talk - and this could be anything from "here's a ProTip" to "here's this cool thing I've been hacking on, take a look", please send it in so we can get an idea of what people would like to present and maybe do an informal schedule of mini-talks and plan the rest of the time accordingly.
This is a brand new meetup, and we want it to be whatever would be most useful (and entertaining) to its membership. We're all Lispers here, so we don't need to be told how to run a meetup, we can build a domain-specific format out of atoms and parentheses.
We are looking for one thing sponsor-wise, and that's the all-important "pizza and beverages" sponsor - so if you'd like your company's logo listed on this here meetup page, just for the cost of a couple of delicious pizzas and soda (beer if you're super-nice), get in touch and we'll make it so.
Anyhow, thanks again. We're all super passionate (or maybe just curious) about the best Lisp since Arc never happened, and it's a beautiful thing to see.
I'm really glad to be an organizer of this meetup, and if you have any questions or suggestions at all, don't hesitate to reach out either on the Meetup forum, by email, etc.

Cheers,
Jason
Edmond
user 4664233
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 15
Hi Jason,

I sent you an email regarding doing a presentation for Crudzilla as part of the first meetup, I haven't heard back, hope it didn't end up in your spam folder:)

-Edmond
Jason L.
canweriotnow
Group Organizer
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 2
Hi Edmond,

I think I started to reply earlier and didn't realize I didn't send it. If you'd like to demo anything tomorrow night, I'm sure there will be time. Sorry for the late reply, this totally fell off my radar.

Thanks!