Join me for this fabulous workshop with two outstanding teachers!
Objective: To teach beginner students or those who have never danced, easy choreography phrases that will build their improvisation confidence while reinforcing beginner techique.
This class will include:
• Introduction to Middle Eastern Rhythms - choreography is based upon a chosen rhythm and the student learns to identify. In this workshop, we will work on Maksoum, Masmoudi, Beledi, Chiffitelli with a live drummer.
• Using simple linear traveling - grapevines, oriental walk, oriental walk with simple foot work, (ronds de jambe, relever, chassers, pas de buerres, heel drops)
• Using simple turns & posturing - spotting, cheners, outside/inside turns, promenades
• Using beginner layering in hip work (punctuations, figure 8s, maya, hip drops/pushes/circles), chest drops/slides/circles
• Using arm/hands skillls - snake arms, wrist circles, palm press, poses/framing
Necessary class items: No props are needed. Hip scarf with or without coins, foot wear left to the student's discretion. I do ask no cumbersome jewelry and a pony-tail for those who have extra long hair. Comfortable clothing -- yoga pants, dance pants, sports bra or tanks, etc. Shorts okay.
Cost for this 2 hour workshop is $30/person. Payment must be made in advance. Contact me to register and I will give you my PayPal address.
Would love to see you here!!