Baltimore/DC Belly Dance and Music of the Middle East! Message Board › Sisterhood of Steel: Wendy's American Tribal Style Sword Format Level I

Sisterhood of Steel: Wendy's American Tribal Style Sword Format Level I

A former member
Wendy's Level I American Tribal Style (r) Sword instruction enables group improvisational dancers to perform with swords within a basic improvisational format. In her DVD, Wendy offers sword posture essentials including her famous sword meditation, fast and slow sword accompaniment, details "the balance", and a performance segment.  The sword technique presented is a combination of logical movements INSPIRED from Carolena Nericcio's American Tribal Style (of FatChanceBellyDance (r) as well as movements acquired over years from great sword performances.

'Creating a specific format for my ATS sword performances increased my comfort, confidence, and ability without compromising the magic of the ATS group dance experience. Choreographing routines can work against the organic presentation of ATS. Additionally, my sword format has increased my overall enjoyment of dancing with a sword.'

http://masalamovements.com/wendys_american_tribal_style_r_sword_format_level_i­