Baltimore Golf Club Message Board › Outer Banks, NC

Outer Banks, NC

Bernie
user 14391150
Lutherville Timonium, MD
Post #: 18
Deb & I are heading down to the Outer Banks later this month. Are there any 'must play' golf courses down there?

Best regards,
Bernie
Julieta Stack (.
taichi8
Group Organizer
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 6
Hey Bernie,

I haven't played down there so I can't help you.
Let me know what you like when you get back.
I'd like to go down there sometime soon.
Have a great time and say hi to Deborah!
J
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Bernie- I have a friend who owns a golf travel magazine and did a story last year. Shoot him an email and I am sure he would love to answer your question-his name is Nick Ciattei- nick@golfguideinc.com
Weezy
user 9893926
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 3
Marisa and I went down this past May. We played three courses. The one we liked the most was the course you start in North Carolina and finish in South Carolina - think it is called the Farmstead but not sure. In North Myrtle Beach there is a large golf store on the main blvd. which is very fun to go to. As soon as you enter the store, they have a concierge desk covering all the courses in the area and special deals being offered for the day or week. On the days we wanted to play, we would just go over and check out what was available, get our tee times, pay and drive to wherever we selected. I would highly recommend this. Saved a bunch doing it this way. I would also advise skipping the courses with the black squirrels unless you like company in your cart. One day with those squirrels was enough for us. The concierge clerk knowingly laughed when I asked for a course that didn't have them. Have a great time! Louise