One reason Mongo is so popular is that it makes developers happy. In this talk, I'll walk through an end-to-end web app built with Mongo and other technologies that are currently making many developers happy:
• Groovy as a concise, readable language
• Spring Web library for HTTP request handling
• Spring Data for persistence, backed of course by MongoDB
• The excellent Spock Framework (and maybe some Geb?) for testing
• Gradle as the build system
I don't plan on focusing much on the web interface, but it's built using ExtJS (unless I have time to rewrite it using something that makes me happier).
Also, by popular request, I'll try to work in some of Mongo's geo features.
Feel free to reach out if there's something else you'd like to see in this talk. Hope to see you there!