Baltimore Natural Hair, Locks, Sisterlocks™ & Transition Message Board › “14 Ways to Show Your Hair Some Love.”
|LaRetta Ann T.||
“14 Ways to Show Your Hair Some Love.”
1. Get creative and add a new hair accessory to your mane. Whether it's a sparkling headband or a flower, hair accessories can give you a new look.
2. Jazz up your hair with a new hair color. With spring approaching, go bold with colors like blonde or red.
3. Deep condition your hair to hydrate your tresses, restore sheen, strengthen your hair and protect it from damaging environmental factors. A good deep conditioner can reduce dry, brittle hair and breakage.
4. You can achieve many low-manipulation styles with natural hair. If you have Sisterlocks™ or locs try an updo. If you usually wear your curls free and flowing, try styles such as comb coils, twists, buns and twist outs. Low manipulation styles can save you time during your morning routine and help you retain growth.
5. If you're transitioning, take the next step and get the big chop! If you're flirting with the idea of changing up your hairstyle, go shorter with a haircut designed to frame your face and fit your personality.
6. After a long day at the office, relax yourself with a scalp massage (or ask your partner to lend you a hand). Regular scalp massages can put you in a relaxed state, encourage hair growth, relieve itching and help your hair reveal a natural sheen from the natural oils in your scalp. For additional stimulation, try a scalp massage with coconut or jojoba oil before you shampoo.
7. B-complex vitamins such as biotin, folic acid, cobalamin, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and pyridoxine can promote healthy hair. Diets rich in omega-3 fatty acids, beta carotene and selenium are also beneficial to hair and can be found in a variety of foods such as carrots, eggs and almonds.
8. Invest in silk or satin sleepwear, such as a scarf or pillow, to protect your hair from friction caused between fabrics. Silk and satin materials can help reduce hair breakage and keep your mane frizz-free.
9. Try a new product, but tread carefully. Consult with your natural hairstylist for suggestions on products that will work well with your hair. Whether it's a new shampoo or a new hair moisturizer, new products, specifically designed for your hairs' needs, can give your hair new life.
10. Don't keep your love affair with your hair to yourself. Share your hair secrets, stylist and best tips with your friends. Keep in mind that different regimens work on different types of hair.
11. Schedule a hair maintenance appointment with your natural hair stylist to get your Sisterlocks™ or locs re-tightened.
12. Look at blogs and magazines for natural hair inspiration. Many celebrities, including Chrisette Michele, India Arie, Tracee Ellis Ross, Ledisi, Leela James and Cassandra Wilson rock hairdos you can work with your natural hairstylist to recreate to suit you.
13. Search online for natural hair communities. Members share advice, hairstyle ideas and helpful product reviews.
14. Contact More Hair! Studio today to schedule an appointment with one of our talented stylist. We'll update your look, give you feedback on how to improve you hair's condition and help you create a regimen to fit your unique hair.