Baltimore Photography Message Board The Baltimore Photography Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Butterfly update and more

Butterfly update and more

Jim W.
user 9838818
Group Organizer
Miami, FL
For those of you who are interested in Brookside Gardens, I have not been able to arrange any kind of a group session at the Wings of Fancy Exhibit.  They just don't seem to have the space or interest to support it. 
They do have their own program called "Focus on Butterflies" where they set up special photography sessions early in the morning before the exhibit opens for the public.  I believe the charge is approx $30 to attend and there are two more sessions before the exhibit closes for the season.
Please contact them directly at http://www.montgomeryparks.org/brookside/wings_of_fancy.shtm­
You may also be able to visit the exhibit on your own, but I was told cameras are not allowed.  () Use your own judgment.
Upcoming Meetups:
August 23rd, Timothy Banks is hosting Fireworks at Camden Yards.
September 22nd, Marcus is hosting Sandy Point State Park at sunrise.
Thank you Tim and Marcus for setting these up.
If anyone else has ideas for Meetups please just go ahead and set something up.  I'm trying to keep this very informal and grass-roots oriented.  All participation and ideas are welcome.
Cross-posted Meetups for activities sponsored by other groups are also welcome.
I still have a few spots left for Happy Hour on September 13th at my place in Owings Mills.  I may be able to expand the list a little bit if there is interest.  Go ahead and join the waiting list if the main list fills up and I'll try to accommodate everyone.
As I mentioned in the original Meetup post, the main point is to hang out, get acquainted, and have some fun.  Actual camera-work is secondary; however, there is at least one lovely woman who has volunteered to sit for a few photographs.   Please feel free to invite anyone else (female or male) who might sit still for a few photos too.  The more the merrier.
I will be sending out another batch of our extra-special custom Meetup buttons this week.    Drop me an email with your address and I will send you one.
Don't forget to visit, share, and like http://Facebook.com/WellFramed­.
Hope to see you all at one of our upcoming Meetups.
Jim Wyman
Shoot first... Ask questions later!
Timothy B.
Blinked
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 10
30 Dollars per person??