Baltimore Photography Message Board The Baltimore Photography Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Visiting MD this week-end

Visiting MD this week-end

Helen Naum G.
user 64777082
White Lake, MI
Post #: 1
Hello: I am from Michigan and belong to a meet up in my area. I joined your group becasue will be visiting the Crofton area to visit family later this week.

I want to get nice photos of my children (ages 2 and 3) and my sister's children (6 months and 5 years). I am not familiar with the area and do not know where to go. Distance is an issue as my sister doesn't want to venture gar with her 6 month old. My sister doesn't have a clue about identifying a good photo location. (She thinks photos in front of a bush in her back yard will suffice...while I am very much an armature, I do have a sense about what makes a decent photo and her idea doesn't work for me. Unfortunately, I am not getting much help from my sister on identifying a photo spot.)

I would like an interesting pathway, bridge, stone wall, etc. However it is important that we need to stay close to or within Crofton because of the baby.

I thought I would reach out to see if anyone can help me with photo locations.

Regards,
Helen
A former member
Post #: 10
Hi there. Not sure if this information comes too late for you and you have returned home. Another club posted the following that could be helpful. I have not tried either but thought I would post in hopes it will help you out.
ShotHotSpot.com similar to Stuck on Earth, that gives good spots for photographers in any given locale. It uses members photos selected off of their flickr web site to give individuals not familiar to the area possible sites to go to. You can pick landscape, architecture, people, etc. and it provides "possibles".