addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Baltimore's Jewish Hangout 20s 30s Group Message Board › Baking and Board Games

Baking and Board Games

Shira
RedheadSmiles
Group Organizer
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 22
With Purim coming up at the end of the month I thought it would be nice to bake some hamantaschen* to celebrate. Then I thought why bake alone when it's more fun with others. So here is my proposal. Anyone who wants to join, can. Bring your own filling, whatever your favorite is. We make the dough as a group, fill the cookies as desired and while we wait for them to bake we play a few board games to pass the time. Then we get to nosh on some hamantasch. Simple, fun and a great way to spend an afternoon or evening.

*For those who don't know what hamantaschen are it's a triangle shape pastry with a filling. They represent the hat that Haman villain of the Purim story.
Mike Z.
user 72788722
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 1
Any idea as to when?
Shira
RedheadSmiles
Group Organizer
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 23
Was thinking Sun. Feb 17th since it is the Sunday before Purim.
A former member
Post #: 1
I think that sounds like a lot of fun. What time are you thinking? I'll be in Delaware in the morning but could do late afternoon or evening.
Shira
RedheadSmiles
Group Organizer
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 24
Currently the time is flexible for that day. Late afternoon like 3pm or 4pm is fine for me. What about others? What time works best?
A former member
Post #: 3
This sounds like fun
Shira
RedheadSmiles
Group Organizer
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 25
Ok, great there is some interest. I live in the Mt. Washington area just off 83 at Northern parkway and am open to using my home as the location for this, just have to get housemate approval. The kitchen is a decent size and there is enough space to do games as well. I try to keep my cookware separate from my housemates to that it maintains a kosher-ish status, despite the fact that neither of them understands what kosher means.

I will make an event­ for this for Sunday Feb. 17 at 4pm and set it for my house. Hope you sign-up!