A Free ride, organized by Bangalore Cyclists group and Gatorade!
Bangalore is Poised with Ride options. Here is one more weekend gateway to all you BCG riders. Pass on to Non-BCG riders as well. We are heading to the City of Mysore and to the Chamudeswari hills
Route Map: BLR > KANAKPURA > MALAVALLI > MYSORE
Elevation chart to the city of Mysore: http://goo.gl/I8z7uy
Elevation chart of Chamunti Hills: http://goo.gl/aAitn8
05.30 AM : HSR BDA Complex
05.40 AM : Silk Board
06.15 AM : Shopperstop Bennerghatta road
06.45 AM : Metro Cash N Carry, Kanakpura Road
07: 00 -7-30 AM : Registration & Strictly the Ride Start. No more waiting. This will be flagged off after the registration & distribution of Energy Drink and T-shirt
People may opt to Climb Chamundi Hills or may head to Mysore.
The Return journey options Depends on the Rider
1. Ride back on the same day from Mysore to Bangalore
2. Take a Volvo bus/ Bike Career on the same day from Mysore to Bangalore
3. Stay back in Mysore.
a> Ride back on the next Morning to Bangalore
b> Sight Seeing & Ride back to Bangalore
c> Sight Seeing & take Bus to Bangalore
Bike career may only be arranged on request and if the number of request is more than 10. The Expense need to be borne by the Rider. Only available on the starting day of ride.
Please note: Since this is a self supported ride, all riders will be subject to scrutiny to make sure they are able to ride this long distance.
What to bring:
1. Bike & Accessories
- A working/Serviced cycle,(Check Air pressure)
- For Early Morning/night ride - Powerful front light & Back LED blinkers
- Spare tubes (Minimum 1, Preferably 2 )
- pucture kits and minimal tools (ellen key set) help in case you or your friends end up with a flat.
2. Hydration / Food
- Hydration (water/ electral/glucose / Sports drink/ ORS)
- Snacks (chocolates, Banana, Chikki (ground nut + jagri))
3. Clothing (depends mostly on the type of ride)
- Bright reflective Clothing (for night rides)
- For inside forest dark clothes (If you dont a singel scratch in your skin full sleeves and trousers to avoid damage to skin from thorns when you pass by a wild bush or tree)
- paded cycling shorts gives you a more comfertable rides
4. Additional Money for Food ,Travel back and any other Eventualities.
- its not a Race, its a Ride
- Follow Traffic Rules
- Ride with the Group
- Maintain Sufficient distance between cycles.
- Be Alert on the Road and watch your back
- Motorists (also) have the right of way. Keep left. Over take form right :P
- If you have not been keeping well, Dont ride.
- It is a self supported event. While other cyclists generally stop to help, be prepared to take care of yourself and your bike.
General Instructions :-
- Do a Warm up before your ride.
- Hydrate yourself with ORS or glucose at regular intervals.Plain water is not always good.
- Reach out to Fellow rider who is in need of help.
Once you RSVP and share your contact details, I'll add you to the whatsapp group where there is a riders discussion.
Ride Safe..Ride Long...
P.S - The group, Host or the Organizers are not claiming any responsibility for the cycles or any kind of damage caused. So please take individual care and responsibility to make it a smooth ride. If you're not following group rules, you wont be considered in the group even if you have started the ride with us or even if you share the same route further.