Mar 2, 2013 · 9:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
MongoDB March Madness
This is a month-long hackathon for MongoDB User Groups around the world to compete for the best MongoDB tools and apps.
- Objective: Build tools to help the MongoDB community code better and learn from one another
- Timeline: March 1-April 22 (you can host your hackathon anytime in this time frame, but all projects must be completed within the time frame of your MUG's Hackathon)
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Ahi at [masked]
Map to Venue: http://www.frescoinformatics.com/index.php/Fresco-Contact.html
Registration: 9 AM to 11AM
Hackthon Starts at 11AM:
11.00 AM to 12.00 Noon - Idea formation.
12.00 Noon to 01:00PM - Design & Architecture
01.00 PM to 02.00 PM: Lunch
05:00 PM to 07:00 PM: Talk by Shekhar Gulati.
08:30 PM to 09:30 PM: Dinner
10.00 PM onward coding
08.00 AM: Breakfast
09.00 AM to 11.00 PM : Fine tuning
11.00 AM to 12.00 Noon: Demo
- All tools must be built on MongoDB
- All tools must be built during the Hackathon
- Any application that helps improve the experience of the MongoDB community. This can be an open-source tool or a MongoDB MUG leaderboard.
- All applications should be open source, especially if you plan on altering the core kernel code.
- Bring your own laptop (WiFi will be provided)
Prizes--they are awesome!
- Prizes will be determined by 10gen and the MUG Organizers
Global Prizes-- the winners chosen by 10gen Engineers
- Of the hackathon winners around the world, 10gen will select 3 top projects
- First place winners will receive a JAMBOX and a complimentary ticket to the MongoDB conference of their choice.
- Second place winners will receive a fitbit Zip and a complimentary ticket to the MongoDB conference of their choice
- 3rd place winners will receive an Arduino Kit
Note: For a thematic focus like this, it would be cool if all projects to be focused on the MongoDB community. This could mean building an awesome script for the MongoDB shell, or creating a user group leaderboard. Some groups also could be ambitious and work on building a new ODM or wrapper for a language.
Participants Fees: 400 INR (to be paid at venue)