I have tried to make the below information comprehensive; please read fully before asking a question.
*** What games do you have? ***
My games catalogue: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/ragnarokkr
*** What games will be available this session? ***
- Thurn & Taxis / Dominion
- Cleopatra & the Society of Architects
- Citadels / Condottiere
Some of these games are possibly more involved in rules and mechanics than what you may have played previously. However, all rules will be explained before a game, so first timers are welcome and need not worry about not knowing how to play a particular game.
*** Can I bring my child(ren)? ***
As mentioned above, these games are significantly more complex than what children typically enjoy (Snakes & Ladders, Ludo etc.) and hence children are not the target segment for this meetup session. The minimum age to understand and enjoy the games we play is around 15.
*** Where and When? ***
As mentioned above.
Credit cards are accepted at MTH for orders above Rs. 250/- but meal coupons are not accepted. The billing is dutch; don't forget to pay your share before you leave.
Feel free to come in when you can till about 6.30 pm. However, depending on when you arrive, you may have to wait a bit for a new game to start. You can also leave at your convenience, but don't leave midway through a game you start playing!
*** How to reach the location? ***
MTH is next to the Bajaj showroom on your LHS when coming on Outer Ring Road from Devegowda petrol bunk towards Kamakya theater in BSK Stage III
*** How many people will be there? ***
Attendance is limited to a maximum of 10 people (so that I can balance my time between playing games and teaching new games), and RSVP is required. If you RSVP "yes" and then cannot come, do change your RSVP so that someone else can take your place.
*** Is there a fee to attend? ***
Yes. If more than 4 people turn up, there is a required donation of Rs. 50/- per person that goes towards paying for this meetup group cost. This fee is over and above what you will pay for your own food and beverages.
*** Is there any gaming etiquette to be aware of? ***
- Respect the games – no touching game pieces with greasy fingers, don’t bend cards or place them on wet surfaces, do pick any game pieces that fall on the floor etc.
- Help pack the game after playing. Ensure that all components get packed. Many games become unplayable if even a single piece goes missing.
- Help make the meetup profitable for the venue – order something to eat & drink and don’t forget to pay your bill before leaving.
- Play to win. Don’t let your personal relationship with another player interfere with fair play.
- Always finish a game you begin; do not leave a game mid-way. Even if you are losing, play for style points!
- Be attentive and patient when rules are explained.
- Make all moves in full view of other players (unless rules state otherwise).
- Avoid holding up game play for long durations: don’t consistently take longer than average to decide your move or leave the table for a long phone call / chat.
- Win gracefully & lose without whining – it’s just a game anyway.
*** What are the contact details? ***
Restaurant phone number is 080-65975430. Please don't ask for the host's contact number(s).