Apr 21, 2013 · 7:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Visit the organization's website: http://www.baangerda.org
Baan Gerda is a children's charity that provides homes and care for HIV infected and affected orphans. The small community is based in Lopburi province in Thailand. Unlike a state orphanage, BaanGerda has a unique family environment with foster parents looking after the children and their daily needs. A medical team is on hand to ensure that they receive the best treatment and medicine.
A single-day event to spend with the children, play games and other activities to entertain them. Join me in this special day where we can share a valued time of fun, laughter and joy with the less fortunate by making them feel that they are not alone battling their fate.
Participation Cost: Baht 850
- Van transport (Bangkok-Lopburi-Bangkok)
- Lunchbox for the children (possibly thai food)
- Miscellaneous like candies, snacks and prizes for the games
NOTE: Our food is not yet included, we’ll buy our meals along the way.
Itinerary of the Day:
* 7.00 -7.30 am – Meeting time, Century Park Hotel (@the lobby)
* 7.30 – 10.30 am – Travel to Lopburi
* 10.30 – 11.00 am – Short briefing of Baan Gerda upon arrival
* 11.00 am – 12.00 noon – Activity 1
*12.00 noon -13.30 pm – LUNCH
*13.30 – 15.30 – Activities 2 & 3
* 15.30 -16.00 – Wrap up
* 16.00 – 19.00 – Travel back to Bangkok
Please be discrete with your attendance, take time to answer any emails of confirmation from me and do not hesitate to change your RSVP if you think you can’t make it on the day. I will appreciate your coordination with me on this event and I will update anyone from time to time as the day draws near.
I’m looking forward to see some of you in this meetup!!