It's been a while since we've had a meetup. Lets get together for some drinks!
A short, but important note:
Recently, I changed the name and objective of this group because I think we can do more than just focus on startup teams (though this will definitely continue to be a theme). I recently read Brad Feld's "Startup Communities; Building an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem" and realised that so much of it is relevant to Barcelona. It states that:
1. The startup infrastructure should not be ruled by "old white guys" and your ability to get funding shouldn't depend on who you know and where you went to school.
2. Everyone is struggling with a capital shortage right now. Just carry on doing what you're doing and, if you do it well enough, funding will come.
3. The government moves at a slower pace to entrepreneurs, so shouldn't be relied up on too heavily to construct and support startup communities.
4. The startup community should welcome newcomers with open arms!
5. Successful entrepreneurial ecosystems are led by entrepreneurs themselves, and not investors, government or universities.
6. You can't create a startup community without taking risks!
Based on the above, I've renamed the group "Barcelona Startup People" and set a new objective: to connect all of the people who are involved, or would like to be involved, in startups in Barcelona. There are various groups that do this already, but they are either dedicated to just web startups, or invite only.
I welcome your thoughts on this, and hope to see some of you at drinks this Friday!