Barefoot Runners of the DMV Message Board › Luna Sandals

Luna Sandals

A former member
Post #: 2
Any Luna Sandals wearers in DC? I just got a pair and am looking to do some running to get them broken in. Just wondering if anyone else on here has a pair (or a pair of homemade huaraches)?
Dustin
user 11923105
Oakton, VA
Post #: 5
I wear huaraches occasionally--mainly on rougher trails or while hiking. I like running in them (as does my wife), although they make more flapping sounds than I'd like.
A former member
Post #: 3
I've noticed that as well on pavement/concrete. The slapping sound against the ground can get kind of annoying. I find myself trying to adjust my form to minimize the sound, but I'm not sure if that is beneficial to my form or not, maybe more of a distraction really.
Rodney W.
user 4434895
Group Organizer
Manassas, VA
Post #: 36
I haven't tried either but would like to try both. Not sure how I would like running in them, but I suspect they would be great to wear around.
A former member
Post #: 5
I got a pair of the Branca Barefoot sandals a couple of months ago. I got just a basic brown with tan laces and I only really use them for casual wear and walking my dogs. I have not run in them, but I think it would feel weird to run in them. I have also heard they are really loud to run in.
Dustin
user 11923105
Oakton, VA
Post #: 6
In my experience, they aren't too weird to run in--no more weird than Vibrams--except the flapping sound. I love hiking and trail running in them. I work with a local Boy Scout group, and they are my "hiking shoes."
A former member
Post #: 4
Yeah, I've done a few short runs in mine, they actually feel great to run in. My biggest issue with my vibrams is the sweatiness. I hate how sweaty and damp my feet get. That's why I ventured into huaraches, and you definitely can't beat the breathability, I love the way my feet feel in them. Biggest issue I would say is definitely the sound from slapping the concrete. I still think the Vibrams are gonna be lonely until winter though :)