Barefoot Runners of the DMV Message Board › Barefoot training runs

Barefoot training runs

Rodney W.
user 4434895
Group Organizer
Manassas, VA
Post #: 42
So we have a few more weeks of hot weather and then its on to the good stuff! Anyone here interested in some barefoot conditioning/training? I'll put together some meetups for the fall but I need to know where y'all want to run.
Lemme know where your interests lie and we'll put something together.
A former member
Post #: 5
So we have a few more weeks of hot weather and then its on to the good stuff! Anyone here interested in some barefoot conditioning/training? I'll put together some meetups for the fall but I need to know where y'all want to run.
Lemme know where your interests lie and we'll put something together.

Rodney,

I could come down to DC sometime in the weekends. Early Sat mornings are best, after first week in Sept. I can do early Sundays too. Other times available on shorter notice. 3-6 miles and mixed terrain will do. Hard surfaces for runs longer than 6 miles. looking forward to running with you sometime !
miki
Dustin
user 11923105
Oakton, VA
Post #: 9
My preference is for early Saturday morning runs (the earlier the better). Virginia suburbs are easier for me, although I can do around DC as well. I'm game for any distance and surface.

I should note that I recently ran 8.5 miles in Morven Park in Leesburg. It was an amazing trail run, which I chose to do in Vibrams due some tougher parts with rocks and roots. I've also heard that there are some great trail runs in Manassas.