Barefoot Runners NYC Message Board › Runners (preferably barefoot or minimalist) in NYC Marathon for documentary

Runners (preferably barefoot or minimalist) in NYC Marathon for documentary

A former member
Post #: 5
Hello Barefoot Runners!

I am a student in The New School's Documentary Media Studies program and am producing a documentary about endurance running. I am also an avid runner and have a passion for the primal purity of running, having read Born to Run, among others, and seen Chris MacDougall speak and taken barefoot running clinics with Barefoot Ted. I share with you all a deep appreciation for endurance running.

I would like to have some barefoot runners as subjects in my film, and I am most especially looking for those running this year's NYC Marathon on November 4th.

Please message me back here if you're interested or know someone who might be.

Thanks you and cheers to running! wink
-Courtney

Link to the program I'm in: http://www.newschool....­
Chris H.
user 12248731
New York, NY
Post #: 11
Hi Courtney,
I'm not doing the marathon and I'm not sure about the endurance (32 miles+) end of running but I do run a bunch barefoot.
Can you manage a run this Saturday so we can talk more about what you are looking for?

Hope to see you on Saturday!

Chris
A former member
Post #: 6
Hi Chris, thanks so much for your response!
I won't be able to make it this Saturday b/c I'm doing the Harlem 5K. But I'm available the rest of the weekend if you'd like to meet up for a jog and talk. Let me know, and thanks again!!
-Courtney
Steffen
user 9211540
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 4
Hi Courtney,
I joined the Barefoot Runners recently.... unfortunately I did not have a chance to go on a run with them yet :(
I am not going to do the NY Marathon this year. But I am planning to do a trail marathon next year on May 4th at Bear Mountain (North Face endurance challenge).
Not sure if this might interest you,
let me know
best,
Steffen

@Chris: I hope you - or anybody in the group - do not think it's rude of me to step in the discussion without even having done runs with you.....
A former member
Post #: 2
Hey Courtney

I'm a minimalist runner doing this year's marathon. I started in VFFs and am now in Minimus Road Zeros for my training. I too have read Born To Run and have a primal connection to the freedom of running. I'd love to meet up and see if I could help you out with your documentary.

Jon
A former member
Post #: 7
Hi Jon, sure I'd love to meet you. Will send you my contact info separately. Thanks!
Chris H.
user 12248731
New York, NY
Post #: 12
@Chris: I hope you - or anybody in the group - do not think it's rude of me to step in the discussion without even having done runs with you.....

No problem Steffen - enjoy your running!

I'm told that Bear Mountain Course is aptly named!
David H.
TriathlonDavid
New York, NY
Post #: 4
Hi,

I have done the Marathon yet. My experience includes; doing a 5K mud run (Merrell's Down and Dirty) in Vibram 5 fingers - I found they did not offer enough protection, I did Tough Mudder (12+ miles) and Spartan Sprint (5K) in Merrell's foot glove - gave a bit more protection and worked okay. I did NYC triathlon in Newtons - feet felt a tired, not so when I did Westchester triathlon, last year and wore Asic gel nimbus 13. On 9/8/12 I will be doing Spartan Super (8+ miles) with the Merrell foot glove. I train with Vibram 5 fingers.

David
Barefoot J.
barefootjaime
Whitehall, PA
Post #: 349
Courtney, would you also be interested in doing a story on barefoot hiking? If so, we would be honored to have you come along on a meetup with the PA Barefoot Hikers:

http://www.meetup.com...­
Arthur K.
user 16427471
New York, NY
Post #: 2
Hi, Courtney. I will be running the NYC marathon this November. I do do a bit of training barefoot but my shoes of coice for the event will be Luna sandals made by Barefoot Ted's Monkies. - Kirby