Big week. ?We are super lucky to be in NYC because we get all these awesome running leaders coming through. ?Erwan Le Corre, Michael Sandler, Barefoot Ken Bob, Barefoot Ted...and now Christopher McDougall.
- Come run with Christopher McDougall, best-selling author of Born to Run!??This Wednesday, August 11th. ?Details here. ?Note three things: 1) You don't have to be barefoot. ?Or even minimalist. ?Wear whatever shoes you'd like. ?2)?Join for whatever distance of the run you can do. ?8-miles is a long way. ?3) If you can't make the run, come to the book talk at 7:30pm at Word ($25, includes book).
- Free?Beginner's Workshop on Sunday, August 15th. ?The last one was a success so we'll have another. ?Bring a friend.
- On Saturday, Melissa, Jeanne, Mul, Rob, Zander, and I ran the 5-mile?Summer Streets Fun Run on Park Ave. ?Fun to run through the empty streets. ?A few photos here.??
- Tuesday 8/10 at 6:30am. ?East 90th St. and Central Park, near the steps to the Reservoir. ?RSVP
- Wednesday 8/11 at 3:30pm. ?
Run with Christopher McDougall. ?
NW corner of Marcus Garvey Park (124th St. and Mt. Morris Park). ?RSVP??(Note: we will not have our regularly scheduled Wed. evening run.)
- Saturday 8/14 at 10am. Columbus Circle on the north side of the giant fountain. ?RSVP
- Sunday 8/15 at 4:30pm. ?Free Beginner's Workshop. ?WEST 85th St. entrance to Central Park. ?RSVP
Barefoot Runners NYC is a group of runners who have left their thick-soled sneakers in the dust and started running with Vibram Five Fingers, other minimal sole shoes, or totally barefoot. Maybe you've read Born to Run, or maybe you've gotten injured running and are looking for a better solution -- whatever your reason, this is the place.
The body's natural stride is a healthier, more natural way to run, resulting in better running efficiency and fewer injuries. We follow a lot of Daniel Lieberman's work, whose research argues that humans are natural runners, and run best with a "toe-heel-toe" stride and a minimal sole.