align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Barnacles Underwater Hockey Message Board › Incidents at Cheshire Public Pool

Incidents at Cheshire Public Pool

Mike O.
user 12926933
Stratford, CT
All,

Today we had a great time playing at the Cheshire Public Pool. This was our third game there, and during the game we saw some marked improvement in new players and some well played bouts throughout the game from all.

Unfortunately today's game was also marked with two unfortunate incidents.

The first was an injury to a cheek caused by a misdirected pass. I must apologize to Dave for this, as I was the one at the other end of the stick. This sort of injury doesn't happen often, but it does remind us that we must all be careful and mindful that injuries can still occur during this non-contact sport. Also, this is a great chance for me to remind everyone to be sure to have all of the proper protective gear, if you are unable to purchase any immediately I can lend some out for a short period of time until you are able to purchase some. I also want to let everyone know that the Cheshire Public Pool staff was very responsive to the accident and helped Dave when he got out of the pool.

The second incident was a set of acts committed by a player directed at the staff of the Cheshire Public Pool, these acts were uncalled for, unacceptable and completely inexcusable. A member of our team broke a pool rule (actually two members had, but the second time is the start of this incident), the pool staff member (who happened to be the director, who has been very pleasant and welcoming to our playing, and is also the person who allows us to play there) tried to inform our teammate of the problem, which was swimming under the bulkhead (bridge) that spans the pool, but instead of listening and abiding by the rules our teammate decided to make derogatory comments, tell the staff member off, and curse, all the while ignoring their warnings. These actions are completely unacceptable, and will not be allowed. In the past I have asked that all team members refrain from using foul language at this pool, we are guests there and we play during times when children and families are also using the pool.

So that it is very clear, it is very difficult to find a pool that is available for us to play in, let alone one as nice as the Cheshire Public Pool. We are very fortunate that they allow us the time that we get, and that the staff has been so friendly as well. We must all be aware of what the pool rules are at all times (see the link below for the pool rules and guidelines), and we must obey the rules at all times. And so that this is also clear, this type of behavior is unacceptable at any pool, if anyone acts in such a disrespectful way again at the Cheshire Public Pool, I will personally request that they be banned from the pool, I will not allow for a few individuals to spoil this for the rest of the team.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your understanding of the situation, as well as your future compliance.

http://www.cheshirect...­

Best regards,

Michael Opuszynski