Since not enough people could show on such short notice I had to cancel the workshop in June.
I have slightly revised the programme. It is now a 2 1/2-day workshop in Indie Filmmaking (small productions with limited budget).
Participants: 6-12 participants. Workshop will be in English.
Requirements : For day one a good grasp of photography.
The workshop will take place on two weekends in July. The dates are:
July 6. 10:00-19:00.
Shooting with a DSLR camera. Morning: technical overview. Afternoon: Workflow and exercise.
July 12. 10:00-19:00.
Production. Morning: planning a shoot & working on set. Afternoon exercise: Shoot a short clip.
July 13: 13:30-18:30.
Post-production - We will edit what was shot the previous day on Final Cut Pro.
There are no other available dates.
Costs: CHF 320 for 3 days or CHF 150 for day one only or CHF 200 for days 2&3 only.
If you know a location in Zurich that we can use then I will lower the price. PLEASE RSVP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you plan on coming because we will work with actors and I have to know how many are needed.
Below are some of the things I will be talking about.
Please leave your name in doodle if you plan on coming. We need at least 6 participants to go through with it.
I hope we'll have some attendees and look forward to seeing you!
Day one: Camera work
- Camera & settings
- Shoulder rig
- Matte box & filters
- Follow Focus
- Screen, viewfinder
- Principles of photography (rule of thirds, 180° rule, colours, jump cuts)
- Technical aspects (shutter speed, frame rate, bit rate, aspect ratio, white balance, dynamic range, ISO)
- Principles of light (3-point lighting, hard/soft, contrast, direction, temperature)
- Technical aspects (tungsten vs HMI, filters, light sources, metering, Volts/amps/Watts)
Day two: Film production
- Telling a story: Producer, scriptwriter, director and DOP
- Production organization and logistics: UPM and AD
- Crew members and workflows
Day three: Post-production
- Basic editing software (MPEG Streamclip, Final Cut
Pro, colour correction).
- Continuity editing