Calling all basketball enthusiasts! This is a group for anyone interested in playing outdoor pickup basketball on public basketball courts in Auckland City. So, why not create a basketball community that shares information about the best spots and times to play. However, at the moment Meetup locations and times will be posted weekly. Stay tuned, this is just the beginning! Get your game on!!
Ethics of Conduct: (Court Etiquette)
Although we want everyone to have a great time, there must be some structure and rules to ensure that everyone is safe and has a fun time. The following guidelines have been instituted to help us out.
• HAVE FUN! Be competitive, but BE FAIR!
• General: 3 on 3 game play (flexible, depending on the numbers that show up). The 1st 20 mins is usually spent warming up and shooting around or working on individual skills.
• Creating Teams: To kick it off, we often get players to shoot a free throw and then decide on who the teams are from those who make it or just split the teams up depending on height and ability . . . but DON'T WORRY, everyone will get the opportunity to play.
• Games: Depending on how many are waiting to play, games may be scored up to 7, or up to 11 if there is no one waiting to play. Baskets are worth 1 point and shots made from beyond the 3 point line will be worth 2. All games must be won by a margin of 2 points. Ball must be taken beyond 3 point line after every change of possession. Winners ball and all play starts by being checked at the top of the key.
• Calling Fouls: Defense calls fouls!
• 1st Aid Kit: Is available, just ask Matt
• What to bring: Basketball (optional), good court shoes, water bottle, hand towel.
• Transport: Car pooling is available contact Matt or Alby if you need help with this.
• Social Time: If you are not playing or if you are watching, don't be afraid to socialize and get to know someone new!
• Social Events: Social events will also be organized outside of game days and after game days also. Everyone is welcome to organize or suggest fun activities. We are all about FUN and getting to know people more and making new friends.