If you love to play basketball, but height is not your advantage, come out and play with people who aren't excessively tall! In the tradition of Spud Webb, anyone under 5'8", male or female, is welcome to join us on the court. We'll get some teams together and play some competitive, but relaxed bball-- and without any giant hands in our faces! :-p
We rent out the gym from 5:00-8:00pm.
Please arrive at least 5-10 minutes early as the sooner everyone arrives, the sooner we can begin playing. Note that all games stop at 7:45pm as we have to be out of the gym by 8:00pm. (If you get there late, please only ring the bell once. It is very loud! And it takes us a few minutes to get downstairs.) The gym is on the 10th fl. & has adjoining bathrooms, lockers, and water fountains.
We'll hit up McSwiggans (393 2nd Avenue @ 23rd St) later!
* You must be no more than 5'8" to play!
* You must RSVP on the site in order to attend!
If you have any problems with the prepay, just shoot one of the organizers an email.
Here are the basic rules we follow for games:
1. Play by ones and twos to 11 - win by one point.
2. Make it - take it.
3. Backcourt if the ball hits the rim or backboard. Air balls are fair game to put right back up.
4. Jump balls/disputed calls will be determined by a three pointer since the laws of basketball physics are very clear that "the ball never lies."
5. Walls, half-court line, and ceiling are out of bounds.
6. Subs will enter the game no later than 6 points in (once one of the teams reaches 6 points). The sub will start the following game. Teams will regulate themselves but let's make sure everyone plays.
See you on the court! B-)
In an effort for us to reduce overcrowding and to maintain a more accurate estimate of how many people to expect, please sign up online if you intend to play. There is a waiting list if all spots have been taken. We ask that you please just do not show up unannounced as you will kindly be asked to turned away.
Share your Spotify playlists and tracks with us and we'll play them during gametime!
My username is [masked]
And please submit good tunes otherwise we'll be Basketball for the Musically Challenged...