addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Baton Rouge Board and Card Gamers Message Board › Anybody want to play Dominant Species TONIGHT?

Anybody want to play Dominant Species TONIGHT?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello everyone! I just received Dominant Species in the mail and cannot wait to play it!!! Unfortunately I don't know enough people down here and have nobody to play with. I have to work until 5PM but after that I am totally open to play. Let me know if you are interested. It is a 2-6 player game so the more the merrier!

Check out the game here: http://boardgamegeek....­
I also have Merchants and Marauders, Settlers of America: Rails to Trails, Arkham Horror and many others.

Thanks,

Robbie
rexeven@gmail.com
A former member
Post #: 55
I know this was yesterday, but I'd be up for a game if it's somewhere not too far away. I may or may not have to call a favor for a ride, since I'm out in Geismar, but.. lol.

Also, 51 dollars? Wooow. Must be a good game.
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Joe! Sorry I can't play tonight as I have a Statics exam tomorrow :( I did end up getting to play the game though, and it was really good! It took quite a loooong time, but that tends to happen with a new game on the first play. Hopefully I will be able to attend the next meetup, and I will bring it with me!
Ken C.
user 12563178
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 6
Hey Robbie, Dominant Species is indeed a great game, and I do own the game and have played with it 2x already with 5 players both times. The first time it took 5 1/2 hours to play including 45 minutes of rules explanations but the second time it took a bit over 4 hours I think and I had requested two of the newer players to watch the rules online first before they played. The people who have played before obviously played better the second time around. Don't bother bringing that game to our regular meetups at B&N's because that game takes more than 3 hours and playing with noobs take a lot longer. You can try at the Coffee Call location though but it's quite greasy and loud there but you've got plenty of time there. The next time I form a group to play Dominant Species I'll definitely consider you as our 6th player if you are interested in playing with us!
A former member
Post #: 3
Definitely count me in Ken! I have trouble convincing people to play such long games, especially if there is any kind of a learning curve. Have you played Merchants and Marauders?
Ken C.
user 12563178
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 7
It was nice to have met you last night. I happen to be free this Saturday evening, 5ish and afterwards, if you want to game again. (earlier if you don't work). Most of my other friends who have played Dominant Species are planning to geek it out in D&D's all day Sat but if you want to try Dominant Species again, I have two or three people I could check into or try that Merchants and Mauraders game you mentioned which I almost bought...
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi Ken. Sorry I just saw your reply. Unfortunately I have a ton of homework to do and 2 exams on Monday so I will not be able to play tonight. Thanks for the invite, and keep me in mind! I would love to get together and play some games soon!