align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Bay Area Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists/Freethinkers/Skeptics Message Board › Religious Antagonist Goes MORMON!

Religious Antagonist Goes MORMON!

A former member
Post #: 265
http://friendlyatheis...­

This was shot in Boise, Idaho...I gotta find this dude!
A former member
Post #: 1
The Religious Antagonist segment can (fairly) be criticized as being a bit vain and scoring points in/preaching to the choir. However, in its own indirect way it calls a spade a spade, and we could definitely use more examples of cutting through the nonsense and calling out nonsense and indoctrination for what they are.

As for having no respect for religion...GOOD. It warrants none. The Mormons in particular have been successful in several attempts at implementing theocracy (Prop 8 being a textbook example). There's no conflict between respecting *people* and calling them out when they are treating absurd things as true. Giving religious nonsense the kid-glove treatment is a huge part of the problem, so kudos to Religious Antagonist for calling the grand bluff.
Larry H.
terrycts
Group Organizer
Pinole, CA
Post #: 19
I agree completely with Chad's post above.

The concept that religion deserves special respect, free from satire, is a major part of the problem.
A former member
Post #: 267
I agree completely with Chad's post above.

The concept that religion deserves special respect, free from satire, is a major part of the problem.

Thanks, Larry and Chad. I was getting to wonder if I'd stepped out of bounds for posting this video. I think that comedy is probably one of the best tools we have for raising awareness. Actually, the Mormons that I know have a pretty good sense of humor about their beliefs...
Starchild
StarchildSF
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 37
Speaking of exposing religion through humor, I know of nobody who does it better than Doug Stanhope:

A former member
Post #: 268
ahhh, what the hell. One more can't hurt.