A former member
Post #: 285
In my town the BIG Nazarene Church puts on a enormous Easter Passion Play every year. Cast of hundreds, donkeys, the pastors' buffy son in a diaper on the cross...the whole nine yards. It's a ticketed event and they pack the joint for 4 shows. Bus loads of shinny faced kids, cops on traffic control, a writhing ocean of blue hair and the hum of pacemakers is deafening.

I had a simple idea: Position myself facing traffic on the main thoroughfare that leads to the event...and hold up a sign that mere states " It's A MYTH ".

Question: Am I being a dick?

(BTW: I already know what I think about doing this....I'm just curious as to what YOUR opinion might be)
Wendy
user 9892369
San Ramon, CA
Post #: 222
No, but you will be a myth-tery to them, because I'm sure most people won't get it.
A former member
Post #: 286
No, but you will be a myth-tery to them, because I'm sure most people won't get it.
Thanks, Wendy. I'm sure you are right.....but if even ONE soul is saved (lol) it will be worth it.
David D.
DavidDiskin
Lodi, CA
Post #: 87
Position myself facing traffic on the main thoroughfare that leads to the event...and hold up a sign that mere states " It's A MYTH ".

Your local laws may prohibit something like this.

Many places have laws against panhandling and street-sign preaching and the like, especially in busy areas. People rarely call the police to complain about homeless people doing it... but you can bet your Darwin fish that the church will call the police on an atheist.
A former member
Post #: 287
Good point....I will do some research. I guess I was assuming that our right to freedom of speech would work in my corner as long as I was on public property and not causing a disturbance.

Where I live, there are lots of businesses that will have an employee out near the road jumping around holding a promo sign for the business.... (stay in school, kids)
Thanks, David